Woman: John - I’ve just heard the company is moving out of these offices. I can’t believe it!
女:約翰,我剛聽說公司要搬出這些辦公室。我簡直不敢相信!
Man: It’s true. They made the final decision yesterday.
男:這是真的,他們昨天做的決定。
Woman:Who did?
女:誰決定的?
Man: Um well...
男:嗯...嗯...
Woman: There wasn't a board meeting yesterday, was there?
女:昨天沒開董事會,不是嗎?
Man: I don't think so. A vote was actually taken by all the heads of departments.
男:開了。實際上,所有部門的負責人都進行了投票。
Woman: Ah so it wasn’t just Finance saying what should happen.
女:啊,所以說不只是財務方面在說應該怎么做。
It usually is . . . And where are we going? I like it here.
通常是……我們要去哪里?我喜歡這里。
I don’t want to move my whole family to a new city none of us knows.
我不想全家搬到一個誰都不認識的新城市。
Man: You won’t have to. We’re not moving far away. We’re only going to Kenton ...
男:不會這樣的,我們不會搬得太遠,只搬去肯頓……
Woman: Kenton?
女:肯頓?
Man: You know, that new development.
男:你知道的,就是那個新發展起來的城市。
You must have noticed all the new building work going on, off the main road just as you come into the city.
你一定已經注意到所有的新建筑工程都在進行之中,就在你剛進城的時候,它們還都不在主干道上。
Woman: Oh yes I’ve read about it. Is everyone who works here going, do you know, John?
女:哦,是的,我讀過這方面的內容。約翰,是在這里工作的人都去嗎?
Man: Almost everyone, you know, Finance, Sales, Public Relations ...
男:差不多所有人吧,金融、銷售、公共關系……
Woman:Aha, so I will be going.
女:啊,那么我也要去了。
Man: Yes, though Customer Services are staying in the city centre for another year...
男:是的,不過客服會在市中心再待一年……
Woman:... so the public know where we are ...
女:……這樣公眾就知道我們在哪里…
Man: Exactly. Fiona, it’s going to be great. It’s going to be much better there.
男:沒錯,菲奧娜,會很棒的,那里情況會好得多。
Woman: In what way? There’ ll be a better place for us to have lunch, I hope.
女:從什么角度來看呢?希望有一個更好的地方吃午飯。