This morning, Martin Baker is in our studio to tell us how he started his company, Coffee Express.
今早,馬丁·貝克在演播室為我們講述了他是如何創立咖啡速遞的。
Martin, good morning.
馬丁,早上好。
Good morning.
早上好。
First of all, Martin, what made you decide to start your own business?
首先,馬丁,你為什么決定自己創業?
Well, previously I worked as a consultant in the retail sector, helping clients to face difficult challenges, or helping with their ambitions to make a lot of money,
之前我在零售部門做顧問,幫助客戶解決困難,或者賺大錢,
and I realised that what really interested me was not giving advice to other company owners, but actually having one myself.
我意識到,真正讓我感興趣的不是給其他公司老板提建議,而是擁有一家自己的公司。
So where did you get the initial funding for Coffee Express?
那么咖啡速遞的初始資金從哪里得來的呢?
I thought I wouldn't be able to get a bank loan,
我想我可能沒法從銀行那兒貸款
so I contacted a group called 'Business Angels' which invests in small businesses, and they provided the capital.
所以我聯系了一個叫“商業天使”的組織,他們投資小企業,我們的資金是他們投資的。
Later I found out that I did have a colleague with a substantial amount of money to invest who was very interested in becoming a business partner;
后來我發現我有一個同事有一大筆錢需要投資,他對成為商業伙伴很感興趣;
but by then it was too late.
但當時已經太晚了。
I see. And what sort of company is Coffee Express?
我明白了??Х人龠f是個什么樣的公司?