Good morning, everyone. I'm here today to talk about networking.
大家早上好,今天我要講的是社交網絡。
First, I'll introduce myself. My name is Peter North.
首先,我要自我介紹一下,我叫彼得·諾斯。
I first began to think about starting my own business in two thousand and one and I actually set up the company with my business partner in two thousand and four.
2001年,我開始考慮自己創業,實際上,我和我的商業伙伴在2004年建立了這家公司。
I'm pleased to say it's doing very well.
我很高興地說,公司運營得很好。
It's a printing firm and I'm sure the networking we've done has contributed to its success.
我們經營的是印刷業務,我們做的如此成功離不開社交網絡的加持。
When we launched the company, we knew we could provide a good product.
公司成立時候,我們就知道我們會做出好的產品。
We just didn't have enough clients!
只是我們沒有足夠的客戶!
We'd tried different methods of advertising.
我們嘗試過不同的廣告宣傳方式。
We'd put ads in the trade press and on local radio, but we had the best results from advertising in a newspaper.
我們在貿易報刊和地方廣播電臺投放廣告,但還是在報紙上投放廣告效果最好。
Then we were introduced to networking, which made a real difference.
后來我們接觸到了社交網絡,公司也因此發生了重大改變。
We've made good contacts through an organisation called International Lynx that's L-Y-N-X.
我們通過一家叫做L-Y-N-X的組織與他們建立了良好關系。