Woman:And next you turned to ambulance production.
然后你們轉為生產救護車。
Man:Well, we soon decided we needed to expand our customer base by developing another product of our own,
嗯,很快我們就決定開發另一種我們自己的產品來擴大客戶群。
so we started working on a design for producing a new line in ambulances.
所以我們正在設計一條新的救護車生產線
Economic changes aren't as much of a problem as they are for manufacturers of other types of vehicles.
對其他類型汽車的制造商來說,經濟變革不是什么大問題。
Ambulances will always be needed.
救護車總是需要的。
Woman:And did you have any problems?
你們遇到了什么問題嗎?
Man:Well yes, at that time one supplier had the monopoly of the entire market,
是的,當時一家供應商壟斷了整個市場,
but as our prices have always been very competitive that's helped us to win customers from them.
但是由于我們的價格一直很有競爭力,這幫助我們從他們手里贏得了客戶。
Since then we've developed our own market, and got several contracts to produce ambulances for major organisations.
從那以后,我們打開了自己的市場,并與幾家大型機構簽訂了生產救護車的合同。
Woman:And I've read that your company organisation is rather different.
我還聽說貴公司的組織機構與其他公司不同。
Man:Well, management on the production and development side is strong and we all work well as a team.
嗯,我們公司在生產和開發的管理方面式很強的,我們團隊合作得很好。
But what is different is that we've achieved our success without a marketing manager.
但不同的是,我們在沒有市場銷售經理的情況下取得了成功。
I look after all that, with my two fellow directors.
我和我的兩位主管同事負責這方面的工作。
It's obviously working turnover will be up again next year, and that's just the beginning!
很明顯,明年的營業額還會上升,而這僅僅是個開始!
Woman:It all sounds too good to be true! Don't you have any problems?
這一切聽起來令人難以置信!你們沒有遇到什么問題嗎?
Man:Well, we have a strong balance sheet, and a satisfactory cash flow, but yes we do have our problems.
我們擁有穩健的資產負債表,以及令人滿意的現金流,但是,我們確實遇到了一些問題。
We need another twenty people, and there aren't any suitably qualified people living locally.
我們還需要20個人,而且當地沒有合適的人。
There are trained workers in other parts of the country looking for jobs,
其他地方有訓練有素的求職者,
but we've found they're not willing to move here and we're certainly not going to move we like it here too much.
但是我們發現他們不愿意搬到這里,當然我們不愿意搬到別處去,我們太喜歡這里了。
Woman:Well, I hope you manage to sort it out. Thank you for talking to us, Michael.
我希望你能幫我們解決這個問題。謝謝你和我們談話,邁克爾。
Man:Thank you.
謝謝你!