Woman: Yes, that's true. But Nottingham has lost nearly a million in the six months
是的,沒錯,但是過去的六個月里,諾丁漢已經損失了將近一百萬,
and we can't afford to keep absorbing that kind of loss.
我們承受不起這樣的損失。
I really think we should close it down as soon as possible and liquidise our assets.
我真的認為我們應該盡快關閉并清算資產。
It's on a prime site, which would be worth a lot to developers.
這里是黃金地段,對開發人員來說非常有價值。
I don't even think it's worth trying to sell it as a going concern to one of our competitors.
我甚至認為沒有必要再繼續經營。
Man: Isn't that rather short-sighted?
那不是目光短淺嗎?
The same thing's happening everywhere.
這種事情很常見。
It's always the service industries which are hit first when people are worried about job security.
說到工作保障,人們首先擔心的總是服務業。
And before you say that the centres are looking outdated and that consumer tastes and fashions have changed,
在你說這些中心過時了,消費者的品味和時尚已經改變之前,
I've done my homework and the consumer surveys show that people would still come if they had the money.
我做了調查,據消費者的調查顯示,如果人們有錢,他們還是會來的。
Woman: That's not the only reason, James.
這不是唯一的原因,詹姆斯。
And the bottom line is, the Board are pushing me to improve figures now.
事實是,董事會現在正敦促我提升業績。
We're falling behind the competition, and if we keep Nottingham open,
現在,我們的競爭力下降,如果繼續經營諾丁漢,
we'll need a major change in our image.
企業形象需要大改。
A good advertising campaign might bring in more customers while we're running it,
一個好的廣告活動可能會在運營的時候帶來更多的顧客,
but at best it'd just be a short-term solution.
但這充其量只是一個短期解決方案。