If you have need of a dagger, take one from the armory.
你想要匕首,去軍械庫隨便挑就好。
Robert left a hundred when he died.
勞勃收集了一百多把上等貨。
Gerion gave him a gilded dagger with an ivory grip and a sapphire pommel for a wedding gift,
別的不說,單吉利安送他做結婚賀禮的那把就是奇物,刀刃鍍金,握柄是象牙,圓頭則為藍寶石。
and half the envoys who came to court tried to curry favor by presenting His Grace with jewel-encrusted knives and silver inlay swords."
來自異域的東西也很豐富,這十幾年來,海外諸國使節摸透了勞勃的脾氣,每次都獻上寶石匕首和鑲銀劍。”
Tyrion smiled.
提利昂微笑:
"They'd have pleased him more if they'd presented him with their daughters."
“想討好勞勃,他們不如獻上自己的女兒咧!”
"No doubt.
“沒錯。
The only blade he ever used was the hunting knife he had from Jon Arryn, when he was a boy."
他雖愛匕首,但一生中只使用過一把,那是小時侯瓊恩·艾林送他的。”
Lord Tywin waved a hand, dismissing King Robert and all his knives.
泰溫公爵揮揮手,示意不再談論勞勃國王及他的匕首。
"What did you find at the riverfront?"
“你去河濱視察,情況如何?”
"Mud," said Tyrion,
“一片狼籍,”提利昂道,
"and a few dead things no one's bothered to bury.
“甚至還有死人死馬未被埋葬。
Before we can open the port again, the Blackwater's going to have to be dredged, the sunken ships broken up or raised.
重開港口之前,務必疏通黑水河,因為到處都是沉船。
Three-quarters of the quays need repair, and some may have to be torn down and rebuilt.
此外,四分之三的碼頭亟需修繕,許多部分必須徹底拉倒重建。
The entire fish market is gone,
整個魚市完全毀滅,
and both the River Gate and the King's Gate are splintered from the battering Stannis gave them and should be replaced.
臨河門與國王門被史坦尼斯的攻城錘損毀,得著手更換…
I shudder to think of the cost."
費用合計起來,十分龐大。”
If you do shit gold, Father, find a privy and get busy, he wanted to say, but he knew better.
你不是拉屎都有黃金嗎,父親?快快找個地方方便吧。他想這樣說,但很明智地閉上了嘴巴。
"You will find whatever gold is required."
“找錢是你的事。”
"Will I? Where?
“是么?上哪兒找?
The treasury is empty, I've told you that.
我告訴過你,國庫早就空了。
We're not done paying the alchemists for all that wildfire, or the smiths for my chain,
事實上,我們連煉金術士和鐵匠的賬都沒結清,
and Cersei's pledged the crown to pay half the costs of Joffs wedding --
瑟曦居然還要我負責喬佛里婚禮一半的費用——想想看,
seventy-seven bloody courses, a thousand guests, a pie full of doves, singers, jugglers…"
那七十七道該死的菜,一千位賓客,裝滿鴿子的巨型派餅,歌手,戲子…”
"Extravagance has its uses.
“鋪張自有鋪張的用處。
We must demonstrate the power and wealth of Casterly Rock for all the realm to see."
這是向全天下展示我們凱巖城富裕和力量的最好機會。”
"Then perhaps Casterly Rock should pay."
“那么,費用應當全記在凱巖城賬上。”
"Why? I have seen Littlefinger's accounts.
“到底怎么回事?我見過小指頭的帳本,
Crown incomes are ten times higher than they were under Aerys."
經由他的打理,財政收入比伊里斯時代整整提高了十倍。”
"As are the crown's expenses.
“你不見開支增加多少!
Robert was as generous with his coin as he was with his cock.
勞勃揮霍錢財就跟他揮霍‘種子’一樣慷慨。
Littlefinger borrowed heavily.
此外,小指頭的錢多半是借的——
From you, amongst others.
對此你應該很清楚才對,他從你這兒借得最多。
Yes, the incomes are considerable, but they are barely sufficient to cover the usury on Littlefinger's loans.
不錯,他的確生財有道,可惜增加的財富又為貸款的利息所抵消。
Will you forgive the throne's debt to House Lannister?"
你愿意勾銷國庫拖欠蘭尼斯特家族的債務嗎?”
"Don't be absurd."
“當然不行。”
"Then perhaps seven courses would suffice.
“那么,照我看來,七道菜完全足夠,
Three hundred guests instead of a thousand.
賓客數目也應縮減到三百人。
I understand that a marriage can be just as binding without a dancing bear."
事實上,不要什么跳舞的熊也能舉辦一次美滿的婚禮。”
"The Tyrells would think us niggardly.
“這樣的話,提利爾家會把我們當吝嗇鬼。
I will have the wedding and the waterfront.
我的決心不變,操辦婚禮和河濱重建的事都必須執行,
If you cannot pay for them, say so, and I shall find a master of coin who can."
假如你找不到錢,我就換一個財政大臣。”
The disgrace of being dismissed after so short a time was not something Tyrion cared to suffer.
如此迅速的去職將讓提利昂無顏見人。
"I will find your money."
“…媽的,我去找!”
"You will," his father promised,
“這是你的職責。”父親說,
"and while you are about it, see if you can find your wife's bed as well."
“此外,你還得把你老婆的床找到。”
So the talk has reached even him.
他果然知道了。
"I have, thank you.
“我知道它在哪兒,謝謝你的關心。
It's that piece of furniture between the window and the hearth,
這件家具放在窗子和壁爐之間,
with the velvet canopy and the mattress stuffed with goose down."
上面有天鵝絨罩子和鵝毛床墊。
"I am pleased you know of it.
“我很高興你沒忘記。
Now perhaps you ought to try and know the woman who shares it with you."
下一步,你要試著去了解和征服這張床上的女人。”
Woman? Child, you mean.
女人?她還是個孩子。
"Has a spider been whispering in your ear, or do I have my sweet sister to thank?"
“是八爪蜘蛛在你耳邊嘀咕,還是應該感謝我親愛的老姐呢?”
Considering the things that went on beneath Cersei's blankets, you would think she'd have the decency to keep her nose out of his.
瑟曦自己的床上秘密提利昂從未泄露,他還以為她不會過分到這般地步呢。
"Tell me, why is it that all of Sansa's maids are women in Cersei's service?
“告訴我,為何珊莎所有的侍女都是瑟曦的人?
I am sick of being spied upon in my own chambers."
居然連我的臥室都不放過,簡直惡心透頂!”
"If you mislike your wife's servants, dismiss them and hire ones more to your liking.
“你不喜歡誰,盡可以趕走重新雇,
That is your right.
這是你身為一家之主的權利。