Now, how did we fit a Mac in here? How did we do it?
那么,我們是怎么把Mac組裝成這么小的?我們是怎么做到的呢?
I'm still stunned that our engineering team could pull this off.
我仍對我們的工程團隊能做到這一點感到震驚不已。
Well, let's look at the bottom, take off the bottom and there's three things in here.
我們一起來看看底部,把底蓋拿掉,里面有三樣東西。
It's a battery, hard disk and electronics.
分別是一塊電池,一塊硬盤和電路板。
On the hard disk, we went to 1.8-inch hard drives, we shipped tens of millions of these in iPods, we know them well, and they're great.
在硬盤方面,我們使用的是1.8英寸的硬盤驅動器,在iPod中我們裝載了數千萬個這樣的驅動器,所以我們都很了解它們,它們是非常棒的產品。
And so the MacBook Air ships with an 80 gigabyte hard disk as standard, and there's an option of a 64 gigabyte solid state disk if you'd like it.
MacBook Air的標準硬盤配置的大小是80GB,你還可以根據自己的需要選裝64GB的固態硬盤。
These are a little pricey but they are fast.
確實是有點貴,但是運行速度非常快。
But the real magic is in the electronics.
不過真正神奇的地方在于電路板。
This is a complete Mac on a board, let's take off the cooling system, that's a complete Mac on this board.
這是一塊完整的Mac電路板,我們把冷卻系統拿掉,這就是完整的Mac電路板了。
And you'd think, "Well, OK, what's so special about that?"
那你就會想:“這有什么特殊的呢?”
Well, this is how big the board is. It's really tiny.
來看一下它的大小。非常非常小。
And to fit an entire Mac on this thing was an amazing feat of engineering.
把整個Mac組裝成這樣,是一項了不起的工程壯舉。
And we didn't compromise on performance.
而且我們也沒有在性能上妥協。

MacBook Air uses the Intel Core 2 Duo, this is a really speedy processor.
MacBook Air搭載的是Intel Core 2 Duo處理器,這是一個運行速度超快的處理器。
It's what we use in all of our other notebooks and our iMacs.
我們在其他筆記本電腦和iMac上也都使用了這個處理器。
1.6 gigahertz standard, and there's an option to go to 1.8 gigahertz if you want.
標準版是1.6千兆赫茲,如果你需要的話,也可以選擇1.8千兆赫茲。
Now, we've got a great relationship with Intel, and both companies are engineering driven and they both love to challenge each other.
我們和英特爾公司建立了很好的合作關系,兩家公司都是受工程驅動的企業,都喜歡挑戰對方。
And Intel's got enormous amounts of technology, and so when we were building this product, we asked them to consider something.
英特爾擁有大量的技術,所以當我們在研發這個產品時,我們要求他們做了一些考慮。
This is their amazing Core 2 Duo chip, right? It's a screamer.
這就是他們的Core 2 Duo芯片。讓人驚嘆的產品。
We said we want that chip in this product, but we need to go to smaller packaging, it sounds easy, it's not.
我們告知他們想要在這個產品中搭載這款芯片,但我們需要體積更小的封裝,這聽起來容易,但其實并非如此。
They invested a lot of engineering to create this for us.
于是他們投入了很多研發精力,為我們打造這款芯片。
This is the same chip in a package that is 60% smaller, and it's one of the reasons we could build MacBook Air.
同一款芯片,但封裝之后體積要小60%,這也是我們最終可以研發出MacBook Air的原因之一。
And so I'd like to say thank you to Intel.
所以我要對因特爾說一聲感謝。