Suddenly the girl said, 'Do you like movies?'
女孩兒突然問道:“你喜歡電影嗎?”
'Movies? Yes, I love movies,' he said. 'Why?'
“電影?是的,我喜歡電影。”他回答道,“為什么問我這個?”
'I know a man, and he -- he loves movies, and going to the cinema,' she said slowly. 'People call him "Mr Hollywood".' She smiled at Nick. 'Can I call you "Mr Hollywood" too?'
“我認識一個人,他——他喜歡電影,也喜歡去電影院,”她不慌不忙地說道,“人們都叫他‘好萊塢先生’。”她沖尼克笑了笑,“我也叫你‘好萊塢先生’可以嗎?”
Nick laughed. 'OK', he said. 'And what can I call you?'
尼克笑了。“可以,”他說道,“那我怎么稱呼你呢?”
She smiled again. 'Call me Mystery Girl,' she said.
她又笑了。“叫我神秘女孩兒吧。”她說道。
'That's a good name for you,' said Nick.
“這個名字挺適合你的。”尼克說道。
Just then, the man with white hair came into the café. He did not look at Nick or the girl, but he sat at a table near them. He asked the waiter for some breakfast, then he began to read a magazine.
就在這時,那個白發男人進了咖啡館。他沒有看尼克和那個女孩兒,但坐在了離他們不遠的一張桌子旁。他向服務員要了一些早餐,接著開始看一本雜志。
The girl looked at the man, then quickly looked away again.
女孩兒看了看那個男的,目光又迅速地轉到了一旁。
'Do you know him?' Nick asked her.
“你認識他嗎?”尼克問她。
'No,' she said. She finished her coffee quickly and got up. 'I must go now,' she said.
“不認識。”她回答。她迅速喝完了咖啡,站起身來。“我現在得走了。”她說道。
Nick stood up, too. 'Nice to -' he began.
尼克也站了起來。“很高興——”他開口說道。
But the girl suddenly took his face between her hands, and kissed him on the mouth. 'Drive carefully, Mr Hollywood. Goodbye,' she said, with a big, beautiful smile. Then she turned and walked quickly away.
但是女孩兒突然用手捧住尼克的臉,吻了他的嘴唇。“開車小心點兒,好萊塢先生。再見!”女孩兒帶著甜甜的微笑說,然后轉過身迅速離去了。
Nick sat down again and watched her. She walked down the road and into a big hotel.
尼克又坐了下來,注視著她。她沿著馬路走進了一家大酒店。
'Now what,' thought Nick, 'was that all about?'
“這是……”尼克想道,“這都是怎么回事?”