Sounds like you have a bad cold, Don.
聽起來你像是患了重感冒,唐。
Do you need some cough medicine?
需要些咳嗽藥嗎?
Nope.
不用。
Tylenol?
泰諾呢?
No thanks.
不,謝謝。
Don't you want anything to help you feel better?
你不想吃藥來緩解一下癥狀嗎?
I don't need help, Yael. All this sniffling, sneezing, and coughing are doing the work forme.
我不需要幫助,雅艾爾。流鼻涕,打噴嚏和咳嗽都在幫我治療。
But doesn't that make you feel worse?
但是難道這樣你不會覺得更難受嗎?
There's more than one way to look at sneezing and coughing.
看待打噴嚏和咳嗽可不能只用一種方式。
They can be symptoms, in which case your first reaction is to try to "cure" them with all sorts of pills and syrups.
它們可以是癥狀,在這種情況下,你的第一反應是用各種藥片和藥水進行治療。
Or, you can see them as the body's natural defense system.
而另外一方面,你可以將它們視作身體的自然防御系統。
It's called Darwinian medicine.
它被稱為達爾文醫學。
You mean like survival of the fittest?
就是說像適者生存之類的?
Not exactly.
也不完全是。
Darwinian medicine tries to find evolutionary explanations for why we get sick.
達爾文醫學試圖從進化論角度解釋我們為什么會生病。
It also tries to figure out how and why we respond to sickness.
它也試圖找出我們如何以及為什么應對疾病。
譯文來自可可英語