And I started to follow much more the pleasure principle or the happiness principle and I said,
我開始遵循更多的愉悅原則 或者說快樂原則 于是我說:
OK, this is something that I really cared about.
好的 這才是我感興趣的東西
For example, I don't know if this class is still offered now. Lit and Arts C14 "Heroes".
比如說 我不知道這門課還有沒有 文學與藝術學院課程 C14 “英雄”
Still offered now? One of my favorite classes, as an undergrad.
還能報名嗎 這是我本科時候最喜歡的課程
And it's not a very difficult class. I could do very well without putting too much in it.
而且這課程還不算太難 我完全可以不怎么努力也能取得好成績
But I spent a 50 hours on final paper. Because I wrote about a topic that I really really cared about.
但是我在這科的期末論文上花了50個小時 因為我寫的主題是我非常關心的
And I didn't get an A for it, which didn't make any sense to me. But I still put in so much work in it.
但是我沒有得A 對我來說毫無道理 但我仍然在上面下了大工夫

Because it was fun, whereas other classes that I enjoyed less,
因為這實在是太有意思了 至于其它課程
I put in what I needed in order to get what I thought was enough.
我只投入了能讓我得到足夠成績的時間
Not all or nothing. Either I study and get a straight A, or I don't study at all.
不是要么全部要么沒有 不會說要么我就得A 要么我就不學習
Another class-I don't know if it's still taught-Lit and Arts again,
另一門課 我不知道這門課還有沒有 還是“文學與藝術”
Fairy Tales? With Maria Tatar? She teaches another class now.
瑪麗亞·塔塔爾教的“神話故事” 她現在上別的課了
I had a crush on her when I was an undergrad. I can't believe that I just said it loud.
我本科時看見她第一眼就愛上了她 真不敢相信我就這么說出來了
So yeah, she said no. Um no I didn't ask her. I didn't.
那么 她拒絕了 其實我沒有問她
So also in that class-not a very difficult class. A very enjoyable class on many levels.
也是在那門課上 不算太難的課 在許多層次上來說非常享受的課
And again, putting a lot of work into a paper that there by the way ultimately began the to…
又一次 我花了許多時間在這篇 最終
became the topic of my dissertation on self-esteem.
成為一篇以自尊為主題的專題論文之上