12 KNOW WHY YOU GET UP. Have a sense of purpose and you'll live longer.
知道你為何起床。帶有目的感活著才能活得更長久。
That's what a study of 6,985 adults published in May 2019 found.
這是2019年5月發表的一項針對6985名成年人的研究得出的結論。
This positive mind-set seemed to be as beneficial as exercising regularly and not smoking,
這種積極的心態似乎與經常鍛煉和不吸煙一樣有益,
and the outcome held true even when the researchers accounted for factors such as income and education level.
即使研究人員考慮了收入和教育水平等因素,結果仍然是正確的。
Celeste Leigh Pearce, PhD, the University of Michigan epidemiologist who conducted the study,
主持這項研究的密歇根大學流行病學家塞萊斯特·利·皮爾斯博士在美國國家公共電臺表示,
told NPR that it doesn't matter what your life purpose is, as long as you have one:
不管你的人生目標是什么,只要你有一個:
For some,it might be raising children.
對一些人來說,目標可能是養育子女。
For others, it might be doing volunteer work,"she says.
對其他人來說,目標可能是做志愿者工作。她表示,
"Where your life fulfillment comes from can be very individual."
“你的人生成就從何而來可能是因人而異的。”
13 VOLUNTEER. Working in a local soup kitchen, tutoring a needy student,
做個志愿者。在在當地的流動廚房幫忙,輔導貧困學生,
and helping the sick are all good for your health and happiness-just don't over commit.
幫助病人對你的健康和幸福都有好處——只是不要承諾太多。
Volunteering regularly(at least once a month) is associated with increased life satisfaction and lower rates of depression,
定期參加志愿活動(至少每月一次)可以提高生活滿意度,降低抑郁率,
and it may reduce early mortality rates by 22 percent, according to a review in BMC Public Health.
根據《BMC公共衛生》雜志的一篇評論,它可以降低22%的早期死亡率。
14 USE THIS MENTAL TRICK TO SPEND LESS.
使用這個心理技巧來減少花費。
"Pretend for a moment you are at the end of your life, and ask yourself, What was important to me? "
克里斯·雷寧說,“假設你即將走到生命的盡頭,問問自己,對我來說什么是最重要的?”
says Chris Reining, who saved enough to retire at age 37 by cutting his spending drastically and investing the savings.
他通過大幅削減開支和把省下來的錢用于投資,攢下了足夠在37歲退休的錢。
"You're not going to say the bigger house,the fancier car, or the more glamorous job.
你不要說更大的房子,更豪華的汽車,或更迷人的工作。
You're going to say things like family, relationships, happiness.
你要說一些像家庭,人際關系,幸福之類的事情。
lt's life changing when you realize that most things won't make you happy,
當你意識到大多數事情不會讓你快樂時,你的生活就會改變,
so the trick is learning to be satisfied with what you already have."
所以秘訣就是學會滿足于你已經擁有的東西。”
15 WORK ON YOUR BALANCE. Falls are one of the most over-looked health threats facing older adults,
提升平衡感。阿蘭·卡斯特博士表示,跌倒是老年人面臨的最容易被忽視的健康威脅之一,
says Alan Castel, PhD, principal investigator for the Memory and Lifespan Cognition Lab at the University of California, Los Angeles,
他是洛杉磯加利福尼亞大學記憶和壽命認知實驗室的首席研究員,
and author of Better with Age: The Psychology of Successful Aging.
并著有《愈老愈好:成功老化的心理學》一書。
According to the CDC, the death rate from falls rose 31 percent from 2007 to 2016.
根據疾病預防控制中心的數據,從2007年到2016年,跌倒造成的死亡率上升了31%。
Taking yoga or tai chi has been found to be especially effective,
人們發現,練習瑜伽或太極對練習平衡感特別有效,
but you can sharpen your balance in less formal ways.
你可以通過不那么正式的方式來提高你的平衡能力。
"I practice it every morning when I am brushing my teeth by standing on one leg for one minute,and then switching," Castel says.
卡斯特爾說,“我每天早上刷牙的時候都會練習,用一條腿站立一分鐘,然后轉換姿勢。”