6)Do you have a close group of friends?
你有一群親密的朋友嗎?
It sounds simple, but several studies show that people with strong social relationships live longer and better.
這聽起來很簡單,但幾項研究表明,擁有牢固社會關系的人活得更長、更好。
One landmark study found that among people whose brains showed early markers for developing Alzheimer's,
一項具有里程碑意義的研究發現,在那些大腦顯示出早期阿爾茨海默病跡象的人中,
those with close friend sand family warded off cognitive decline longer than those who were less social.
與那些社交能力較差的人相比,那些擁有親密朋友和家庭的人的抵御認知能力下降的時間更長。
Another found that a solid friend network gives you the same longevity boost as quitting smoking.
另一項研究發現,一個堅實的朋友網絡可以和戒煙一樣延長壽命。
7)Can you open jars with your hands?
你能用手打開罐子嗎?
Researchers have found that grip strength is a leading health indicator.
研究人員發現,握力是一個主要的健康指標。
Men with a grip strength of 57 pounds have a lower rate of death from heart disease, cancer, and lung disease.
握力為57磅的男性死于心臟病、癌癥和肺病的幾率較低。
For women, the threshold is a grip strength of 35 pounds.
對于女性來說,門檻是35磅的握力。
(Test your grip strength by holding a bathroom scale on the sides and squeezing.)
(在身體兩側各拿一個體重秤,然后用力擠壓,以此來測試你的握力。)
8)Do you spend less than three hours per week on social media?
你每周花在社交媒體上的時間少于三小時嗎?
According to the book The Next Millionaire Next Door, millionaires spend an average of 2.5 hours per week on social media.
根據《鄰家的下一個百萬富翁》一書,百萬富翁平均每周花2.5小時在社交媒體上。
The average for all Americans: 14 hours per week.
美國人平均每周時間是14小時。
9)Do you plan to wait until you are 67 to draw Social Security benefits?
你打算等到67歲再領取社會保障福利嗎?
Waiting until 67 which is considered full retirement age, means your monthly check will be almost
等到67歲,也就是所謂的完全退休年齡,這意味著你的月收入將幾乎是62歲時的兩倍。
double what it would be if you started drawing at 62, the youngest age at which you can collect benefits.
62歲是領取養老金的最年輕年齡。
If you wait until age 70, your payments will be about 24 percent higher.
如果你等到70歲,你的報酬會高出24%。
10)Do you think of yourself as young?
你認為自己年輕嗎?
Mind over matter can be powerful. Studies tracking healthy, middle-aged people into old age found that
精神對肉體可以是強大的。跟蹤健康的中年人到老年人的研究發現,
those with a positive attitude about getting old were less likely to die over the course of the study. One possible reason:
那些對衰老持積極態度的人在研究過程中死亡的可能性更小。一個可能的原因:
Their youthful outlook made them less likely to abandon physical activity and more likely to eat health-fully over the years.
多年來,他們年輕的外表使他們更不可能放棄體育活動,更可能吃得健康。
SCORE 9–10: You are prepared! Our bet is that you already follow most of the 30 suggestions we offer here. True?
得分為9-10分:你準備好了!我們打賭你已經遵循了我們提供的30條建議中的大部分。對嗎?
5–8: You've got some work to do. Fortunately, our tips have the power to add years and wealth to your life.
得分為5-8分:你還有工作要做。幸運的是,我們的建議有能力為你增添壽命和財富。
0–4: You are stuck in the present, not in a good way. These recommendations are given with you in mind.
得分為0-4分:你現在被困住了,不是很好。這些建議是為你著想而提出的。