By connecting Jim's nervous system bidirectionally to his synthetic limb, neurological embodiment was achieved.
通過將吉姆的神經系統雙向連接到他的合成肢體上,實現了神經體現。
I hypothesized that because Jim can think and move his synthetic limb,
我推測,因為吉姆能思考和移動他的合成肢體,
and because he can feel those movements within his nervous system,
他還能在神經系統內感受到那些移動,
the prosthesis is no longer a separate tool, but an integral part of Jim, an integral part of his body.
所以,假肢不再是單獨的工具,而是吉姆的一部分,整個身體不可分割的一部分。
Because of this neurological embodiment, Jim doesn't feel like a cyborg.
由于神經體現,吉姆不覺得自己像生化人。
He feels like he just has his leg back, that he has his body back.
他覺得就像找回了自己的腿、找回自己的身體而已。

Now I'm often asked when I'm going to be neurally linked to my synthetic limbs bidirectionally, when I'm going to become a cyborg.
現在我經常被問到何時會將我的合成肢體雙向接通神經,準備何時成為生化人。
The truth is, I'm hesitant to become a cyborg.
事實上,我很猶豫要不要成為生化人。
Before my legs were amputated, I was a terrible student. I got D's and often F's in school.
截肢前我是個糟糕的學生。在學校的成績是D,常常是F。
Then, after my limbs were amputated, I suddenly became an MIT professor.
截肢后,我突然成為麻省理工學院的教授了。
Now I'm worried that once I'm neurally connected to my limbs once again, my brain will remap back to its not-so-bright self.
現在我有點擔心,我的肢體一旦接通神經,大腦會重新回到那個不太聰明的自己。
But you know what, that's OK, because at MIT, I already have tenure.
不過沒關系,你們也知道,我已是麻省理工學院的終身教授了。