I was 16 and in love for the first time.
那時我16歲,第一次戀愛。
Going together to the Christmas dance was a public confirmation of our relationship,
我們一起參加圣誕舞會,意味著,我們之間關系的正式公開,
and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
我覺得,我是世界上最幸運的姑娘。
No longer a child, but a young woman.
不再是一個孩子,而是一個年輕的女人。
High on my newfound maturity, I felt it was only natural to try drinking rum for the first time that night, too.
在發現自己變得更加成熟,而感到激動不已時,我同時覺得,當晚理應首次嘗嘗朗姆酒才是。
That was a bad idea. I became very ill, drifting in and out of consciousness in between spasms of convulsive vomiting.
那是一個錯誤的決定。我變得非常不適,在劇烈嘔吐帶來的痙攣期間,時而意識不清。
The security guards wanted to call me an ambulance,
保安本想幫助我叫一輛救護車,
but Tom acted as my knight in shining armor, and told them he'd take me home.
但Tom如同我的英雄一般,告訴他們,他會送我回家。
It was like a fairy tale, his strong arms around me, laying me in the safety of my bed.
那就像童話故事一樣,他強壯的手臂圍繞著我,把我放在我的床上。
But the gratitude that I felt towards him soon turned to horror as he proceeded to take off my clothes and get on top of me.
但接下來,當他脫掉我的衣服,壓在我的身上時,我對他的感激,轉瞬變成恐懼。
My head had cleared up, but my body was still too weak to fight back, and the pain was blinding.
我的腦袋里一片空白,但我仍舊虛弱的身體,無法反抗,并且伴隨著劇烈的疼痛。
I thought I'd be severed in two. In order to stay sane, I silently counted the seconds on my alarm clock.
我感到我像是會被一分為二。為了保持清醒,我默默地數著我鬧鐘上的秒數。
And ever since that night, I've known that there are 7,200 seconds in two hours.
從那天晚上開始,我知道了,2個小時中,一共有7200秒。