And coming back to the snorkeling trip, we actually understand a great deal about the rules that fish schools use.
再回到那個潛泳之旅,事實上我們非常了解魚群的運動規則。
So if we can invent the bodies to go with that,
如果我們能創造一個那樣的群體,
then maybe there is a future where I and my group will get to snorkel with a fish school of our own creation.
那么也許在未來,我的團隊將和我們創造的魚群展開一次潛泳之旅。
Each of these systems that I showed you brings us closer to having the mathematical and the conceptual tools
我向你們展示的每一個系統都使我們更接近利用數學和概念工具,
to create our own versions of collective power,
來創造屬于我們的集體力量這一目標,
and this can enable many different kinds of future applications,
這也使許多不同的未來應用成為可能,
whether you think about robots that build flood barriers or you think about robotic bee colonies that could pollinate crops
機器人可以建筑防洪堤,可以給農作物授粉,
or underwater schools of robots that monitor coral reefs,
或是讓水下機器人模擬珊瑚礁。
or if we reach for the stars and we thinking about programming constellations of satellites.
又或者假設我們抵達某個星球并設計了衛星的行星。
In each of these systems, being able to understand how to design the rules of engagement
在每一個系統中,能明白如何設計交互規則,
and being able to create good collective behavior becomes a key to realizing these visions.
以及創造良好的集體行為,成為了實現這些愿景的關鍵。