There's also companies like Google that are using the technology to create interfaces between mobile phones, tablets and the real world.
也有一些公司,比如谷歌,他們用這項技術在手機、掌上電腦和現實世界之間建立起聯系。
So the Accessory Development Kit from Google is open-source and based on Arduino,
這個開發套件來自谷歌,同樣也是開源的,并且基于Arduino,
as opposed to the one from Apple which is closed-source, NDA, sign your life to Apple. Here you are.
而蘋果公司的產品則是非開源的,受保密協議保護,要跟蘋果公司簽合同。
There's a giant maze, and Joey's sitting there, and the maze is moving when you tilt the tablet.
這是一個巨型迷宮,喬伊坐在那里,搖擺手中的平板電腦,迷宮也跟著擺動。
Also, I come from Italy, and the design is important in Italy, and yet very conservative.
我來自意大利,設計在意大利很重要,但同時也非常保守。
So we worked with a design studio called Habits, in Milan, to make this mirror, which is completely open-source.
我們和米蘭一家叫做Habits的公司合作,制作了這個鏡子,當然也是完全開源的。
This doubles also as an iPod speaker.
這面鏡子也是一個iPod音樂播放器的揚聲器。
So the idea is that the hardware, the software, the design of the object, the fabrication,
總結起來,這種開源理念,從設計到制作
everything about this project is open-source and you can make it yourself.
所有都是開源的,大家可以自己動手制作。

So we want other designers to pick this up
我們希望其他創客也能這樣,
and learn how to make great devices, to learn how to make interactive products by starting from something real.
通過這種方式來學習制作互動產品,制作一個實在的東西。
But when you have this idea, you know, what happens to all these ideas?
但有了創造的想法后,接下來怎么做呢?
There's, like, thousands of ideas that I -- You know, it would take seven hours for me to do all the presentations.
這樣的想法成千上萬,我要全部講完得花7個小時。
I will not take all the seven hours. Thank you.
不過,我不會占用7個小時的,謝謝。
But let's start from this example:
我們以這個例子來說吧:
So, the group of people that started this company called Pebble,
有這么一群人,他們創立了Pebble公司,
they prototyped a watch that communicates via Bluetooth with your phone, and you can display information on it.
設計了一種可以通過藍牙與手機相連的手表,可以在手表上設置顯示內容。
And they prototyped with an old LCD screen from a Nokia mobile phone and an Arduino.
他們先制作了一個雛形,用了一個舊的諾基亞手機的LCD顯示屏,當然還有Arduino。
And then, when they had a final project,
到項目最后階段,
they actually went to Kickstarter and they were asking for 100,000 dollars to make a few of them to sell.
他們去眾籌平臺Kickstarter網上,希望籌集到10萬美元,制作一些這樣的手表來銷售。
They got 10 million dollars. They got a completely fully funded start-up,
結果他們籌到了1千萬美元。資金充足,他們得以起步,
and they don't have to, you know, get VCs involved or anything, just excite the people with their great project.
不必涉及到風險投資,只用全力做出讓大家驚喜的產品。