Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Hey, Susie. Here are the flowers you wanted.
羅布:嘿,蘇西,這是你要的花。
Susie: Flowers? I didn't want any flowers!
蘇西:花?我沒有要花呀!
Rob: What? You said, "When you go to the store, please get me some flowers."
什么?你之前說“你去店里的時候,請幫我買一些花。”
Susie: I didn't say flowers. I said flour! I want to bake a cake.
蘇西:我不是說花,我是說面粉!我想要做一個蛋糕。
Rob: Oh! Oops. That's my mistake. I'm sorry, Susie.
羅布:哦!糟糕,是我的錯。蘇西,對不起。
Susie: It's OK, Rob, as long as I can keep these flowers. They are beautiful.
蘇西:羅布,沒關系。只要我能夠留下道些花就好。這些花很美。
Conversation B
對話B
Rob: Taylor, that burger looks delicious.
羅布:泰勒,那個漢堡看起來很美味。
Taylor: It is! I'm sure there are some others in the kitchen.
泰勒:確實很美味!我相信廚房里一定還有一些。
Rob: Whose mother is in the kitchen?
羅布:誰的母親在廚房里?
Taylor: Huh... I don't know. Why are you asking me that?
泰勒:額...我不知道。你為什么問我這個?
Rob: You said, "There are some mothers in the kitchen."
羅布:是你說:“廚房里有幾位母親。”
Taylor: No, I said that there are some other burgers in the kitchen.
泰勒:不是。我是說廚房里還有一些漢堡。
Rob: Oh! Sorry, I didn't hear you properly.
羅布:哦!對不起,我聽錯了,我沒有聽清楚你說的。