The bus is coming. I have to catch it.
公交車來了,我必須趕上這班車。
I am always late. But I can't be late today.
我總是遲到,可是我今天不能再遲到了。
I am meeting Jackie. We are working on a project.
“我要和杰基會面,我們正在合作一項企劃案。
"Hey Wendy, wait!" someone says.
“嘿,溫蒂,等一下!”有人喊道。
I turn around. It's David. I like David.
我轉過身。是戴維,我喜歡戴維。
"I have to hurry," I say. "I have to catch the bus!"
我說道:“我在趕時間。我必須趕上公交車!”
"OK, Wendy," he says. "But can we have dinner tonight?"
他說:“好吧,溫蒂。可是我們今天晚上可以一起吃晚餐嗎?”
I can't believe it! He's asking me to dinner!
我真不敢相信!他竟然邀我共進晚餐!
I really want to go. But I can see the bus coming.
我真的很想去。但我可以看到公交車已經開了過來。
"I am so sorry, David," I say, "But I can't tonight. I am working on a project."
我說:“戴維,真對不起??墒俏医裢聿恍?,我在做一個企劃案?!?/p>
"Maybe we can go tomorrow night," says David.
戴維說:“也許我們可以明天晚上去。”
"That sounds great," I say.
我說:“太好了?!?/div>
I feel proud of myself. I did the right thing, and I didn't miss my chance.
我覺得很自豪。我做了正確的選擇,而且我沒有失去機會。
I can still have dinner with David.
還是可以和戴維一起共進晚餐。
I miss the bus and I feel bad.
我錯過了那班公交車,覺得很內疚。
Jackie is always on time. I get to Jackie's house but I am really late.
杰基很守時。我抵達了潔姬的家,可是遲到了很久。
"Jackie, I apologize. I know I am late again," I say. "But I was... "
我說:“杰基,對不起,我知道我又遲到了,可是我...”
"Look, Wendy," Jackie says. "I don't care why you are late.
杰基說:“溫蒂,聽我說。我不管你為什么遲到。
You are always late. I have decided I can't work with you anymore."
反正你每次都遲到。我已經決定不再和你合作了?!?/p>