Conversation A
對話A
Taylor: Hey, James. How's your new apartment?
泰勒:嗨,詹姆斯。你的新公寓怎么樣?
James: It's good. Thanks, Taylor. After work, I'm going to buy a new dining room table.
詹姆斯:還不錯。謝謝你,泰勒。下班以后,我要去買一些新的餐桌。
Taylor: Great! What kind of table do you want?
泰勒:太棒了!你想要什么樣的桌子?
James: I want a round table. And I want a table made of wood.
詹姆斯:我想要一張圓桌,一張木制的桌子。
Taylor: I like round tables. Then people can sit in a circle.
泰勒:我喜歡圓桌。這樣人們可以圍成一圈坐。
James: Yes, rectangular tables seem less friendly.
詹姆斯:是啊,長方形的桌子似乎不那么友善。
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Linda, we can have dinner tonight at 8 p.m.
阿萊克斯:琳達,我們今天晚上8點一起吃晚飯吧。
Linda: Wonderful! Which restaurant are we eating at?
琳達:太好了!我們要去哪家飯店吃?
Alex: A new restaurant! It's called Simon's Shapes.
阿萊克斯:一家新飯店!名字叫做“西蒙形狀”。
Linda: That's a strange name.
琳達:真是個奇怪的名字。
Alex: Yes, but the chef's name is Simon, and he prepares food in strange shapes.
阿萊克斯:是啊,主廚的名字叫西蒙,他會把食物做成奇形怪狀。
Linda: What do you mean?
琳達:怎么說?
Alex: Well, he bakes bread in triangles and cuts vegetables into diamonds.
阿萊克斯:恩,他會把面包烤成三角形,把蔬菜切成菱形。