地點:莫妮卡公寓
人物:菲比,瑞秋,莫妮卡,羅斯,喬伊,錢德勒
事件:菲比告訴大家她想要為弗蘭克和艾麗斯做代理孕母的事情,眾老友勸她一定要考慮清楚。
Rachel: Honey, this really is an incredible thing to do for them, but there are things to think about.
瑞秋:親愛的,為他們這么做,的確是一件驚人的喜事,但是有些事你得想清楚。
Monica: Yeah, like you'd be pregnant. I mean pregnant.
莫妮卡:是呀,你將要懷孕,是懷孕呀!
Phoebe: I know!
菲比:我知道!
Ross: Pheebs, you’re talking about putting your body through an awful lot, I mean morning sickness①, uh, labor②, and it’s all for somebody else!
羅斯:菲,你的身體將經受一段可怕的經歷,我是說,如害喜,嗯,分娩,但你做這一切都是為了別人!
Phoebe: Yeah, what’s your point③?
菲比:恩,你的重點是什么?(向沙發走去)
Ross: Well, the stuff I just mentioned.
羅斯:嗯,我剛剛說過的那些東西都是重點啊。(羅斯小聲地說)
Rachel: Wow! I don’t know if I could ever do that. I always figured the first time I had a baby was with somebody I love and that baby would be a… keeper.2
瑞秋:哇哦!不知道我這輩子還會不會那么做。我一直認為,如果我第一次懷孕,一定是為一個我愛的人,而且孩子出生之后,我得把他留在自己身邊啊。
Phoebe: You know you guys were a lot more supportive when I wanted to make denim furniture④.3
菲比:(坐在沙發上,很氣餒地說)我當初想做布藝家具時,你們可是很支持我的哦。
Joey: No, Pheebs, listen, if you decide to do this, we’ll be supportive like crazy⑤.4
喬伊:不是,菲,聽著,如果你決定下來要做這事,我們當然會全力支持你的。
All: Yeah.
所有人:對??!
Monica: We just want you to think it through.
莫妮卡:我們只是想讓你把事情想清楚。
Rachel: Yeah, honey, maybe you can talk to somebody who’s had a baby. Like your mom?
瑞秋:對,親愛的,也許你可以和生過孩子的人聊聊。例如你的媽媽?
Phoebe: My mom never gave birth. Oh! But my birth mom⑥ did.
菲比:我媽媽從來沒生過孩子。(突然意識到瑞秋的意思) 哦!但是我的生母生過。
您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 輕松娛樂聽力 > 英語PK臺 > 正文

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: