地點:莫妮卡公寓
人物:錢德勒,菲比,瑞秋,羅斯,莫妮卡
事件:除了錢德勒和喬伊,大家都在忙碌地準備著感恩節,并決定今年采用抽簽方式送禮物。
劇情片段
Chandler: Ugh, turkey! Ugh, giving thanks! Ugh!1
錢德勒:(從門外進來,失落地說)啊,火雞!啊,感恩!啊!
Phoebe: Look everyone, it’s the spirit of Thanksgiving①!
菲比:看啊,這正是感恩節的真諦。
Rachel: So are things with you and Joey any better?
瑞秋:你和喬伊關系緩和點兒了嗎?
Chandler: They couldn’t be worse. I spent eight hours calling② him last night, just trying to get him to talk to me.
錢德勒:糟糕透了。昨晚我給他打了8個小時的電話,只為了他能和我說句話。
Rachel: Oh wow, eight hours? So you could probably really use one of those plug-in telephone headsets huh?
瑞秋:哦,喔,8個小時?那你一定用的著那種配在電話上的小耳機,對吧?
Ross: Should we all expect Christmas gifts that can be stolen from your office?2
羅斯:你的意思是說,給我們所有人的圣誕禮物都會是從你們辦公室里偷來的,是吧?
Rachel: You shouldn’t.
瑞秋:(被羅斯說中,厭惡地看著他)沒你的份。
Phoebe: Speaking of③ Christmas, umm, since Monica and I are starting a new business and have like no money④, umm, this year maybe we could do Secret Santa⑤, and then we each only buy one gift. 3And–and there’s the added mystery of, you know, who gets who.
菲比:說到圣誕節,嗯,莫妮卡和我剛開始新的生意,沒什么錢,嗯,所以我們今年可以來個神密的圣誕,每人就買一個禮物。這樣還多了一分神秘感,看誰送給誰。
Ross: Who gets whom⑥. I don’t know why I do that. But it’s correct.
羅斯:誰送給誰。(大家都盯著羅斯)我不是故意這么說的。不過這樣語法才對嘛。
Monica: Hey, what’s this? It’s all of your names. Let’s pick.
莫妮卡:(興奮地從圍裙的口袋中掏出一些紙)嘿,看這是什么?我們所有人的名字!我們來抽簽吧!
Thanksgiving為“感恩節”,是美國和加拿大共有的節日,由美國人民獨創,原意是為了感謝上天賜予的好收成。在美國,自1941年起,感恩節是在每年11月的第四個星期四,在這一天,成千上萬的人們不管多忙,都要和自己的家人團聚。
n. 神秘,秘密,奧秘,神秘的人或事物