Why now? Why has this all of a sudden become a reality, an exciting direction in the future of medicine?
什么是現在?為什么這會突然變成現實,成為未來醫療界令人振奮的方向?
What we have is, in a way, a perfect positive storm.
從某種程度上說,我們現在所經歷的是一場積極變革。
This sets up consumer-driven healthcare. That's where this is all starting.
它引起了以消費者為導向的醫療革命。而這就是一切的根源。
Let me just give you specifics about why this is a big movement if you're not aware of it:
如果你還沒有意識到這一點,讓我給大家舉個例子來解釋為什么這是一項重大舉動:
1.2 million Americans have gotten a Nike shoe,
120萬美國人都有一雙耐克鞋,
which is a body-area network that connects the shoe, the sole of the shoe to the iPhone, or an iPod.
通過人體局域網鏈接了他們的iPhone、iPod以及鞋子。
And this Wired Magazine cover article really captured a lot of this;
這本《連線》的封面文章集合了很多這樣的應用,
it talked a lot about the Nike shoe and how quickly that's been adopted to monitor exercise physiology and energy expenditure.
它提到了耐克鞋如何迅速監控人們的生理運動和能量消耗。
Here are some things, the principles that are guiding principles to keep in mind:
這些是需要我們牢記于心的指導原則:
"A data-driven health revolution promises to make us all better, faster, and stronger. Living by numbers."
以數字技術為導向的醫療衛生革命,將會讓我們生活地更好、更快、更強。

And this one, which is really telling, this was from July, this cover article:
看一下這個,這的確很有說服力,這是7月的封面文章。
"The personal metrics movement goes way beyond diet and exercise.
個人的監控遠不止日常飲食和運動,
It's about tracking every facet of life, from sleep to mood to pain, 24/7/365."
它涉及到生活的方方面面,從睡眠到情緒到疼痛感,貫穿一天24小時,一周7天,一年365天。
Well, I tried this device. A lot of you have gotten that Phillips Direct Life.
因此,我嘗試使用這種設備。我知道你們中的很多人使用飛利浦的Direct Life。
I didn't have one of those, but I got the Fitbit. That looks like this.
我沒有那個東西,不過我有個Fitbit,就是這個。
It's like a wireless accelerometer, pedometer.
它看起來就像是一個無線加速器或計步器。
And I want to just give you the results of that testing, because I wanted to understand about the consumer movement.
在這里,我只想給大家展示這個東西監控的結果,因為我想知道消費者的運動情況。
I hope the, by the way, the Phillips Direct Life works better -- I hope so.
我希望Phillips Direct Life會更好用一些,希望如此。
But this monitors food, it monitors activity and tracks weight.
但這個還監控飲食、運動和體重。
However you have to put in most of this stuff.
然而,你需要輸入大部分信息到這個設備中。
The only thing it really tracks by itself is activity, and even then, it's not complete.
它能夠獨立監控的只有運動,即便是這樣,它還不是完整的。
So, you exercise and it picks up the exercise.
因此,當你運動的時候,這個裝置就會記錄你運動的情況。
You put in your height and weight, it calculates BMI,
你輸入你的身高和體重,它就會計算出你的體質指數,
and of course it tells you how many calories you're expending from the exercise,
當然,它還會告訴你在運動過程中你消耗了多少卡路里,
and how many you took in, if you go in and enter all the foods.
吃東西吸收了多少卡路里,不過,前提是你必須先輸入有關食物的信息。