Conversation A
對話A
Rob: I really enjoyed Alex's Chinese dinner party last night.
羅布:我很喜歡阿萊克斯昨晚的中式晚餐派對。
Linda: Me, too. I prefer Chinese-style dinner parties.
琳達:我也是。我比較喜歡中式晚餐派對。
Rob: But American dinner parties are pretty similar.
羅布:不過美國晚餐派對也很相似。
Linda: True. In both cultures, hosts serve a lot of food.
琳達:沒錯。在這兩種文化里,主人都會提供很多食物。
Rob: You're right. I always feel full after a dinner party.
羅布:你說得對。晚餐派對之后,我總會覺得很飽。
Linda: But, in America, we usually sit at a rectangular table, not a round table.
琳達:但是在美國,我們通常坐在長方形的餐桌旁,而不是圓桌。
Conversation B
對話B
Rob: That's true. But both cultures often put the food in the middle of the table.
羅布:確實是。但是這兩種文化通常都會把食物放在桌子的正中間。
Linda: Yes, then guests can share it. But Chinese dinner parties often include a lot more dishes. Americans usually serve just a few main dishes.
琳達:是的,然后客人就可以享用了。但是中式晚餐派對經常會有很多菜肴。而美國的通常只有幾道主菜。
Rob: Right. A Chinese dinner can have many meat and fish dishes at the same dinner party.
羅布:沒錯。在一場派對上,中式晚餐會有很多肉菜和魚類菜肴。
Linda: Why?
琳達:為什么?
Rob: So every guest will be happy!
羅布:這樣每個客人都會很開心!