Dad: What are you working on, honey?
爸爸:寶貝,你在干什么呢?
Mariko: It’s a project for school about the Earth and its place in the universe. I have to write a report and build a model of what scientists can see with a telescope in space.
馬里科:在做學校布置的關于地球及其在宇宙中位置的課題。我需要寫一份報告,并且動手做一個天文學家用望遠鏡觀察宇宙時看到的天體模型。
Dad: I can help you with that. I was always good in science, especially astronomy.
爸爸:我可以幫助你。我很擅長科學,尤其是天文學。
Mariko: Okay, Dad. If I need help, I’ll ask you.
馬里科:好的,爸爸。有需要我再向您求助。
Dad: Is that the report you’re writing right now?
爸爸:那就是你正在寫的報告?
Mariko: Yes.
馬里科:是的。
Dad: Make sure you include all of the planets in the solar system.
爸爸:要確保寫出太陽系中所有的行星。
Mariko: I plan to, Dad.
馬里科:我就是這么計劃的,爸爸。
Dad: Don’t forget to talk about the Big Bang. Oh yeah, and talk about traveling through space and how many light years it would take. Are you going to include stars, asteroids, and other galaxies in your model?
爸爸:別忘了提一下宇宙大爆炸。哦,對了,還有太空旅行以及其需要多少光年。你的模型中包括星星,小行星和其他星系嗎?
Mariko: No, the teacher didn’t say we had to.
馬里科:沒有,老師沒有規定這個。
Dad: Yes, but including some of those would set your project apart from the others, don’t you think?
爸爸:話是這么說,但是加上了這些,你的課題才會脫穎而出,不是嗎?
Mariko: Sure, Dad.
馬里科:當然,爸爸。
Dad: It would be out of this world!
爸爸:你的課題會是最棒的!
Mariko: Right, Dad.
馬里科:您說的沒錯。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載