Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Hey, do you want to hear a joke?
羅布:嗨,你想聽一個笑話嗎?
Taylor: Sure, I haven't heard a good joke lately.
泰勒:當然了,我最近都沒聽過好聽的笑話。
Rob: Why was six afraid of seven?
羅布:為什么六會害怕七呢?
Taylor: I don't know. Why?
泰勒:我不知道。為什么?
Rob: Because seven ate nine. Get it? Ate sounds like eight.
羅布:因為七吃了九。懂了嗎?ate聽起來很像eight。
Taylor: Oh, that's a terrible joke.
泰勒:哦,這個笑話可真糟。
Rob: I thought it was funny. And you smiled!
羅布:可我覺得很有趣啊。而且你剛才笑了!
Taylor: Yes, and I chuckled a little!
泰勒:是的,我只是輕聲笑了一下!
Conversation B
對話B
Rob: You need a good laugh.
羅布:你需要好好地笑一笑。
Taylor: Yes, I do. I want to laugh aloud not just giggle a little.
泰勒:沒錯。我想大聲笑,而不只是咯咯一笑。
Rob: Hmm. Should I tell you another one?
羅布:嗯。我要不要給你再講一個?
Taylor: Sure.
泰勒:當然了。
Rob: OK. What did the stamp say to the envelope?
羅布:好的。郵票對信封說了什么?
Taylor: I don't know.
泰勒:我不知道。
Rob: The stamp said, "You stick with me, and I'll take you places!"
羅布:郵票說:“只要粘上了我,我就帶你去任何地方!”
Taylor: That was good. I feel better now.
泰勒:這個還不錯。我現(xiàn)在感覺好多了。