Conversation A
對話A
Susie: OK, Alex, are you ready for the next hill?
蘇西:好的,阿萊克斯,你準備好去下一座山丘了嗎?
Alex: I think so, Susie. But I'm falling down a lot!
阿萊克斯:應該可以了,蘇西。但是我一直摔倒!
Susie: Don't worry, Alex. People always fall when they are learning.
蘇西:別擔心,阿萊克斯。人們學習的過程中總會摔倒的。
Alex: I know. But I'm also getting tired.
阿萊克斯:我知道。但是我也有點疲憊了。
Susie: Stop making excuses! Let's get back up the mountain.
蘇西:不要在找借口了!我們回山上去吧。
Alex: Why are you so confident?
阿萊克斯:為什么你這么自信?
Susie: I ski a lot, so I seldom fall.
蘇西:我經常滑雪,所以我很少摔倒。
Alex: Someday I'll be as good as you!
阿萊克斯:總有一天我會像你滑得一樣好的!
Conversation B
對話B
James: Hey, Linda. Did Alex like downhill skiing?
詹姆斯:嗨,琳達。阿萊克斯喜歡高山滑雪嗎?
Linda: Yes. He and Susie had a marvelous time.
琳達:是的。他和蘇西玩兒得很開心。
James: Did you ask if he wants to go skiing again?
詹姆斯:你有沒有問過他是否想再去滑雪?
Linda: Yes. He said it was harder than he thought, but he still wants to go again.
琳達:問了。他說比他自己想象的要更難,但是他還是想再去。
James: So the extra sweater was a good idea.
詹姆斯:所以多穿一件毛衣是個好主意。
Linda: Yes. I guess so.
琳達:沒錯。我想是這樣的。
James: Maybe we should go skiing sometime.
詹姆斯:也許我們也應該找個時間去滑雪。
Linda: Sure. That sounds fun. But let's invite Alex and Susie, too!
琳達:當然。聽起來很有意思。我們也叫上阿萊克斯和蘇西吧!