He would have liked to have told Lupin about the conversation he'd overheard about Black in the Three Broomsticks, about Black betraying his mother and father,
他原想把他在三把掃帚偷聽到的關于布萊克的對話、關于布萊克背叛他父母的事告訴盧平,
but it would have involved revealing that he'd gone to Hogsmeade without permission, and he knew Lupin wouldn't be very impressed by that.
但是這樣一來勢必要暴露出他未經許可就擅自去了霍格莫德村的事,而且他知道盧平對此未必會在意。
So he finished his Butterbeer, thanked Lupin, and left the History of Magic classroom.
因此他喝完黃油啤酒,謝了盧平,就離開了魔法史教室。
Harry half wished that he hadn't asked what was under a Dementor's hood,
哈利恍恍惚惚地希望他沒有問攝魂怪頭巾下面有什么這個問題,
the answer had been so horrible, and he was so lost in unpleasant thoughts of what it would feel like to have your soul sucked out of you
因為這個答案是如此可怕,他沉浸在靈魂被吸走會有什么感覺的想法里,
that he walked headlong into Professor McGonagall halfway up the stairs.
所以在樓梯上竟和麥格教授撞個正著。
'Do watch where you're going, Potter!'
“看看你在往哪里走,波特!”
'Sorry, Professor —'
“對不起,教授——”
'I've just been looking for you in the Gryffindor common room.
“我剛才到格蘭芬多的公共休息室里去找你。

Well, here it is, we've done everything we could think of, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all,
唔,給你,我們凡是想得到的事都做過了,好像這把掃帚根本沒有什么不正常的地方,
you've got a very good friend somewhere, Potter ...'
你在什么地方有個很好的朋友呢,波特……”
Harry's jaw dropped. She was holding out his Firebolt, and it looked as magnificent as ever.
哈利張大了嘴。她正把他的火弩箭拿出來,它看上去和以前一樣漂亮。
'I can have it back?' Harry said weakly. 'Seriously?'
“我可以拿回去了嗎?”哈利低聲問道,“當真能拿了?”
'Seriously,' said Professor McGonagall, and she was actually smiling.
“當真。”麥格教授說,她真的在微笑。
'I daresay you'll need to get the feel of it before Saturday's match, won't you? And Potter — do try and win, won't you?
“我敢說星期六比賽以前你就想試試它了,對不對?還有,波特——努把力打贏啊,好不好?
Or we'll be out of the running for the eighth year in a row, as Professor Snape was kind enough to remind me only last night ...'
要不然我們就連續八年拿不到獎杯了,這是斯內普教授昨晚好心地提醒我的……”
Speechless, Harry carried the Firebolt back upstairs towards Gryffindor Tower.
哈利一句話也說不出來,他拿了火弩箭回身上樓到格蘭芬多塔樓去了。