But here, fortunes can change quickly.
但是在這里,命運瞬息萬變。
Summertime. Every season within ten minutes.
夏日時光。十分鐘內經歷四季。
As the snow melts, it creates an unforeseen problem.
雪融化后,出現了始料未及的問題。
We purposely chose this campsite because it was a place where the penguins didn't seem to go.
我們特意選擇了這個營地,因為企鵝不太會來這里。
I think we've realised why the penguins don't nest here.
現在我們知道了為什么企鵝不在這里筑巢。
It's because of the spray and because of some run-off, so we are literally in a bit of a bog.
由于徑流,這里已經水漫金山,我們真的是身陷泥潭了。
And it's not just mud.
而且不僅僅是泥。
A couple of these guys, as they wander down to do a spot of fishing,
其中一些企鵝,在成群結隊地下海捕魚時,
they tend to use my tent as a little poop spot.
喜歡把我的帳篷當做廁所。
You kind of get used to it at night, just hearing a constant splat on top of the tent.
你必須要習慣晚上的時候,聽見從帳篷的頂上傳來的不停的啪啦聲。
But, as you can see, all of the kit, I'm afraid that's getting splat on as well.
但是如你所見,所有的設備,恐怕也會被糞便淋到。
And, when the wind changes, it brings a noxious reminder that they're camping on an active volcano.
當風向變化的時候,吹來的有毒氣體時刻提醒著在活火山安營的他們。
It's the first time we've smelt sulphur, which is welcome relief from smelling penguins. It's smoking away.
這是我們第一次聞到硫的味道,這比聞企鵝的氣味要好得多。煙霧漸濃。
I think if they start running for the sea, we're going to be calling Jerome pretty quick for the boat.
我想如果他們開始跑向大海,我們就要打電話給杰羅姆讓他馬上開船來。