'Ah,' said Wood, his expression clearing.
“啊,”伍德說,表情明朗起來,
'Well, in that case — I really didn't want to lose you as Seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?'
“好吧,這樣的話——我真的不想失去你這樣的找球手,哈利。你訂購新的飛天掃帚了嗎?”
'No,' said Harry.
“沒有。”哈利說。
'What! You'd better get a move on, you know — you can't ride that Shooting Star against Ravenclaw!'
“什么!你最好快一點,你也知道——你可不能騎著那流星和拉文克勞比賽啊!”
'He got a Firebolt for Christmas,' said Ron.
“他得到一把火弩箭作為圣誕禮物了。”羅恩說。
'A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A — a real Firebolt?'
“火弩箭?不!當真嗎?一把——真的火弩箭?”
'Don't get excited, Oliver,' said Harry gloomily. 'I haven't got it any more. It was confiscated.'
“別興奮,奧利弗,”哈利陰郁地說,“現在可沒有了。被沒收了。”
And he explained all about how the Firebolt was now being checked for jinxes.
于是他解釋說火弩箭現在正接受檢查看是否附有邪術。
'Jinxed? How could it be jinxed?'
“附有邪術?怎么會附有邪術?”

'Sirius Black,' Harry said wearily. 'He's supposed to be after me. So McGonagall reckons he might have sent it.'
“小天狼星布萊克,”哈利消沉地說,“人們認為他在追捕我。于是麥格教授就認為有可能是他送給我的。”
Waving aside the information that a famous murderer was after his Seeker, Wood said,
伍德手一揮,把一個著名殺手追殺他的找球手沒當一回事兒,說:
'But Black couldn't have bought a Firebolt! He's on the run! The whole country's on the lookout for him!
“但是布萊克不可能買到一把火弩箭!他一直在逃跑之中!全國上下都在搜尋他!
How could he just walk into Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy a broomstick?'
他怎么能走進魁地奇精品專賣店去買飛天掃帚?”
'I know,' said Harry, 'but McGonagall still wants to strip it down —'
“我知道,”哈利說,“但是麥格教授仍舊要把它拆卸了——”
Wood went pale.
伍德臉色蒼白起來。
'I'll go and talk to her, Harry,' he promised.
“我去和她談,哈利。”他允諾道,
'I'll make her see reason ... a Firebolt ... a real Firebolt, on our team ...
“我要讓她講理……一把火弩箭,我們隊的……
she wants Gryffindor to win as much as we do ... I'll make her see sense ... a Firebolt ...'
她和我們一樣,也希望格蘭芬多院贏呀……我要讓她頭腦清楚些……一把火弩箭……”
Lessons started again next day.
第二天,學校開始上課了。