People don't realize, when they walk outside, there's basically a grocery store surrounding them.
人們沒有意識到,走在戶外的時候,他們身邊就有一個大超市。
And that's such a beautiful thing about nature.
這恰好也是大自然的美麗之處。
A lot of my job is to walk around in the woods and say, oh, what is that in the ground?
我工作的很大一部分內容就是去樹林里轉,看看,哎,地上的那個是什么呀?
Pick it up and eat it.
然后把它撿起來吃掉。
I have this sort of curious nature where I never am satisfied with something.
我天性就比較好奇,我有一顆永不滿足的好奇心。
If we're cooking something, how can we do it better? How can you make it more interesting?
要是下廚,我就會想怎么做更美味?怎么做更有意思?
We have to eat, as human beings, so why not make it the most memorable experience you can?
作為人,我們必須吃飯,那為什么不把吃飯這件事變成最難忘的經歷呢?
My name is James Gop.
我叫詹姆斯·賈普。
I'm a culinary artist, forager, and founder of Heirloom Fire.
我是一名烹飪藝術家、采食愛好者,也是“祖傳之火”的創始人。
More often than not, we're working with clients, executing their vision.
我們經常與客戶合作,實現他們的愿景。
So, I'm incredibly flattered that Coors Light wants to let us create a dinner that we'll be doing later this week
能接到康盛啤酒的邀請,有機會在本周晚些時候設計一頓晚餐,我感到無比的榮幸,
where we are building a menu designed around native species, what's growing in that moment.
這次我們將圍繞本土食材并且是當季的本土食材來設計菜單。
The Berkshires have a little bit of a reputation for a reason.
伯克夏爾小有名氣是有原因的。
We're a little bit more north, so the growing seasons are so short.
我們的地理位置偏北一點,所以食材的生長季節很短。
So it's really about embracing that moment in time.
所以,盡情地擁抱當下是很重要的。
Viewing it as, when the iron's hot, you have to strike.
打鐵就得趁熱嘛。
The thing about James is he never stops.
詹姆斯的特點就是他從來都不會閑下來。
Chris, look at this, man.
克里斯,看這個,哥們兒。
All the wild grape vines.
野葡萄的葡萄藤。
Should you, just like we've been talking about.
你是不是應該像我們說的那樣……
It even has a sweet quality to it.
甚至還有點兒甜。
He holds himself at such a high standard that when he gets to where his dream is, his own standard goes up.
他對自己的要求特別高,他實現了自己的夢想之后還會設置更高的目標。
That's very inspiring, in a way,
從某種程度上來說也是很勵志的,
because it pushes you to just continue to be better, just continue to be better, and continue to be better.
因為這樣會讓你不斷地變得更好,更好,更好。
My largest form of inspiration is going into woods.
我最大的靈感來源就是進入森林。
It makes me feel like this warmth in my chest
這種靈感能給我的內心帶來暖流,
and the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and I want to be able to share that with people.
讓我激動無比,我希望我自己能夠和大家分享這種快樂。
That's my artistic expression, to be able to replicate that moment in time.
這就是我的藝術表現手法,讓我及時地重現當下的手法。
It's usually about a 17-hour day onsite.
現場的準備通常需要17個小時。
It's a big experience where you have to love it.
也是一個你必須熱愛的了不起的經歷。
And thankfully, I have that in a team.
值得慶幸的是,我的團隊有這樣的一群人。
So we're onsite now.
我們現在已經來現場了。
I'm hoping, today, to get a hold of some stuff we weren't able to get due to the massive rain last night.
我希望,今天我們能夠拿出一些昨天晚上因為下暴雨沒能做的一些作品。

Wow, this is the first hen of the woods I've ever found.
哇,這是我這輩子發現的第一叢奇果菌。
We'll break off all the little sort of petals here and just sauté them in a lot of butter and a lot of salt and just fold them in with the vegetables.
等下我們把這些開花的部分都摘掉,用黃油小炒,鹽多一點,然后和蔬菜一起拌。
So I was out in the woods; came across these little red berries that taste remarkably like black pepper.
我剛剛去林子里,碰巧發現了這些小紅果,嘗起來跟黑胡椒的味道非常接近。
Let's put them in a dish tonight.
今晚就給它放到菜里去。
Hello, everyone.
大家好。
Thank you very much for coming.
非常感謝各位的光臨。
My goal is to, really, forever change your lives today.
我的目標是今天徹底改變大家的生命。
I want to have everybody take this moment
我想讓每個人都抓住這一刻,
where they're just being here, present, and realizing that these aren't just weeds and grasses,
盡情地享受當下,意識到這些不僅僅是野草,
but looking around and thinking of, wow, that's actually like an edible grocery store out there.
意讓每個人都意識到大家的身邊其實就有一個可食用的天然大超市。
I love the theater of what we do.
我喜歡我們的烹飪舞臺。
That's something that I want to be able to give people.
這也是我想要給予大家的東西。
The theater, the entertainment, exposing them to something they've never seen.
那種儀式感,款待方式,讓大家接觸到他們從未見過的東西。
Really, having a moment in life that people are gonna walk away from,
希望他們的生命中也有那么一刻,是他們在離開后,
and it'll be a memory that's burned inside of them forever.
還會永遠跳動在他們記憶里的那么一刻。
As you see, obviously, there's ice cream involved here, but this is birchwood ice cream.
正如大家所看的一樣,這是一道冰淇淋,但這個是白樺冰淇淋。
It's made by infusing slices of birchwood, and cream, milk and sugar overnight.
是用白樺木切片、奶油、牛奶和糖浸泡一夜制成的。
And if you look above you, we've actually foraged pine bark, and then put it into whole wheat flower.
如果大家抬頭看的話,我們還用采集來的松樹皮放進全麥面粉里做了一道甜品。
So these are little beignets.
它們都是法式甜甜圈。
Did you enjoy everything? Absolutely. Yeah? Great. Great.
這些菜都還可口嗎?好吃得沒得說。是嗎?太好了。太好了。
Thank you, again, for making time.
再次感謝大家能抽出時間過來。
Sincerely, it really means everything to us that you come and be a part of this experience.
真心地感謝大家,你們能夠過來和我們一起體驗這次的經歷對我們來說意義重大。
I just want to open your eyes back to nature, because there's so much that we've forgotten.
我只是想讓大家睜開眼睛看看大自然,因為我們遺忘的實在是太多太多了。
So thank you again for all coming, and I just want to take a moment to thank Coors Light for giving us the opportunity to tell our story.
再次感謝大家的到來,最后,我還想花一點時間感謝康盛啤酒給我們講述我們的故事的機會。
Cheers. Cheers.
干杯。干杯。