"Had I been a half-second slower, the whole mass of it would have come into the car," Schulz says.
舒爾茨說:“如果我再慢半秒鐘,麋鹿就會撞到車。”
"I have no doubt I'd have been decapitated."
“毫無疑問,我會死的。”
Several motorists who'd witnessed the crash approached the wreck in shock.
目擊車禍的幾名司機震驚地向失事車輛靠近。
"I can't believe you're alive," one gasped.
“我真不敢相信你還活著,”一個人喘氣說道。
There was no lifechanging epiphany at that precise moment or in the immediate aftermath.
在那一刻,或者在那這場突如其來的災難之后,沒有改變人生的頓悟。
But Schulz's near-fatal experience seeded something,
但這一經歷在舒爾茨心里播下了種子,

and what followed weeks later "was one of those panoramic moments when you get your bearings and decide whether you're on the right path or not," he says.
幾周后,他說,“這是一個全景式的時刻,讓你找到方向,決定你的人生道路是否正確。”
Schulz thought, What advice would the 90-year-old me give to the me of right now?
舒爾茨想,90歲的我會給現在的我什么啟示呢?
He was a technology consultant who dabbled in photography.
他是一名攝影技術顧問。
"I said to myself that if I don't take the path of being a full-time photographer, I will regret it," he recalls.
“我告訴自己,如果我不走全職攝影師的道路,我會后悔的,”他回憶道。
So he went for it.
于是,他走上了攝影的道路。
His background interest elbowed its way to the front, and he became a successful portrait and commercial photographer.
對攝影的興趣推動他成為一名成功的肖像攝影師和商業攝影師。
"I've often wondered, If I hadn't hit the moose, would I be a full-time photographer right now?" he reflects.
“我常想,如果我沒有撞上駝鹿,我現在會成為一名全職攝影師嗎?”
"I don't think so." Schulz believes that the collision changed his biochemistry,
“我不這么認為。”舒爾茨認為碰撞改變了他的生化反應,
unlocking something in his brain that prompted his shift in perspective.
打開他大腦中讓他改變想法的東西。