原味人文風情:As you know, the Supreme Court decision
大家都知道,最高法院周五贊成
on Friday in favor of same-sex marriage is controversial. Some people
通過同志婚姻,大家對這個決定爭論不休。有些人
just don't like it. They don't believe in it. They don't think it's right. One of the most common arguments
就是不喜歡。他們不相信同性婚姻。也不覺得這是對的。大家最常聽到的一個論點是:
you hear is "How do I explain this to my kids?" And it's a good question. At the very least, it's a fair question.
我要怎么向孩子解釋啊?這是個好問題。至少這是個公平的問題。
You wonder if children are sophisticated enough to wrap their head around something like this. So we went out on the street today to ask kids
你不確定小孩是不是夠成熟了,能夠理解這類事情。所以我們今天到街上問小朋友的想法,
what they think and what they know, and here they are: kids share their thoughts on same-sex marriage.
看看他們知道多少,以下就來觀賞:小朋友發表對于同性婚姻的想法。
Could you tell me what gay marriage is? Um, it's when...two men and two women get married.
你可以告訴我什么是同性婚姻嗎?嗯,就是...兩個男人跟兩個女人結婚。
It's...so is it when four people get married? No.
那是...所以是四個人一起結婚嗎?不是啦。
Could you tell us what gay marriage is? I know nothing about that yet.
你可以告訴我們什么是同性婚姻嗎?我還不知道那是什么東西。
You don't know anything about it?
你完全不懂這是什么嗎?
Why would anyone want to get married?
為什么有人會想要結婚?
Um, because they love each other and they just feel a connection, I believe?
嗯,因為他們相愛,而且他們覺得彼此心理能夠連結,我覺得應該是這樣?
Do you think it's a good thing? Yeah.
你覺得這是好事嗎?是。
Do you know what makes somebody gay? Yeah.
你知道為什么有人是同性戀嗎?知道。
What? I got broken leg. No.
為什么?我腳斷掉了。不是啦。
When should two people get married? In at the afternoon.
兩個人什么時候應該結婚?下午的時候。
That's a good time to get married.
那是個結婚的好時間。
Do you know what marriage is? Yes. What is it?
你知道什么是婚姻嗎?知道。是什么?
It's when a husband and a wife get married.
一個丈夫跟一個妻子結婚。
So what do you think gay marriage is?
那你覺得什么是同性婚姻?
When a boy and a boy get married, and a girl and a girl get married. Aw, you're right.
一個男生跟一個男生結婚還有一個女生跟一個女生結婚。噢,沒錯。
Do you think that's very hard to understand?
你覺得那很難理解嗎?

For some kids. But not for you? No, not really.
對有些小孩來說很難。但你不覺得難懂?不覺得。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married?
你覺得任何人都該有資格結婚嗎?
If you're old enough. Uh, you...very wise.
如果你年紀夠大的話。啊,妳...很明智欸。
Do you want to get married? Yes. When? When I'm 30.
你想結婚嗎?想。什么時候?我三十歲的時候。
Why would someone want to get married?
為什么有人會想要結婚呢?
Because they're pregnant? Because they're pregnant?
因為他們懷孕了?因為他們懷孕了?
Could you tell us what gay marriage is?
你可以告訴我們什么是同性婚姻嗎?
Um... Where boy marries another boy.
嗯...男生跟另一個男生結婚。
Okay, and could it be when a girl meets or marries another girl? Um, no.
好,那有可能是一個女生跟另一個女生結婚嗎?嗯,不是。
Just boy meeting another boy? Yeah.
只有男生跟男生結婚嗎?對。
Wow. What would it be called if a girl married another girl?
哇。那如果是女生跟女生結婚要叫什么呢?
Lesbianism.
蕾絲邊。
Do you think anybody should be able to get married if they want to? Yes. How come?
你覺得任何人只要想結婚就有資格結婚嗎? 對。怎么說?
Well, because if they want to, they should be able to.
因為如果他們想要,就有資格。
Would you want to get married? Um, not really. How come?
你想要結婚嗎?嗯,不太想。為什么?
Because, um, when you get married, um, the other person is entitled to any money, um, the other person has.
因為,嗯,你結婚的話,嗯,另一個人就有權利拿另一個人所有的錢。
So it's a financial issue for you? Yeah.
所以對你來說是金錢上的問題?對。
See, he's fiscally conservative.
他對錢很保守。