OLD TAPES
老舊的錄音帶
Have your mother made a tape telling you how wonderful you are.
讓你的母親為你錄一段聲音,夸贊你是多么出色。
I live in the Now.
我活在當下。
Old tapes of my childhood used to run my life.
孩提時聽到的大人們的那些聲音像老錄音帶一樣常常在我耳邊播放。
Most people have about 25,000 hours of parent tapes running through them.
大多數人的耳邊都常常回放那些父母留給他們的長達25000小時的老錄音帶。
Many of these old tapes had a lot of negative messages in them, lots of criticism and “shoulds,shoulds.”
在這些老錄音當中有大量的負面信息、批評和“應該,應該”。
Now I am choosing to erase and retape new positive messages.
現在我想刪除這些聲音,重新錄下新的正面的信息。
I listen to my inner thoughts, and when I catch one that makes me feel uncomfortable, I turn it around.
我傾聽自己內心的想法,一旦發現有什么讓我不舒服的想法,就會選擇讓它走開。
So, retape the old messages.
因此,洗掉這些老錄音,重新錄制。
You don’t have to obediently listen to the old stuff.
你不必一味順從地聽著這些老錄音。
Just retape.
只要重新錄制。
I know I am a capable person.
我知道自己聰明能干。
I know I am worth loving.
我知道自己值得被愛。
I really believe I am worthy of a wonderful life.
我也真的相信自己會有美妙的人生。
I have a purpose in being here.
我的存在有其意義所在。
I have the power to change the tapes.
我有能力改變這些錄音帶的內容。
Those old, negative messages are not the truth of my Being.
那些陳舊的、負面的信息不是我的真相。