OLD AGE
衰老
I choose the thoughts that make me feel comfortable with growing older.
我選擇能讓自己坦然面對衰老的想法。
I am the perfect age.
我正值最佳年齡。
Each year is special and precious and filled with wonders all its own.
人生當中的每一年都是特別而珍貴的,且充滿新奇。
Being elderly is as special as being a child.
成為老人和成為孩子一樣都是一段特殊的經歷。
Yet, my culture fears old age so much.
然而,我所身處的文化對于變老卻非常恐懼。
We’ve made it such a terrible, terrible thing to get old.
人們認為變老是一件非常非常可怕的事情。
And yet it’s normal and natural.
然而這是正常而自然的現象。
We’ve created a youth-worship culture that is harmful to us all.
我們建立了一種“青春崇拜”的文化,這讓我們所有人都深受其害。
I look forward to growing older.
我期待自己變老。
The alternative is to leave the planet.
代價是要離開這個世界。
I choose to love myself at every age.
我選擇去愛每一歲的自己。
Just because I am older it does not mean I have to get sick and infirm.
雖然變老了,但這不意味著我一定會生病或變得虛弱。
I do not have to be hooked up to machines or suffer in nursing homes in order to leave the planet.
當我離開這個世間時,我也并不一定非要在身上插滿各種管子或待在養老院里挨日子。
When it’s my time to go, I’ll do it gently-perhaps go to bed, take a nap, and leave peacefully.
到了我該告別的時候,我會溫柔地完成這件事情-----也許我會走到床邊躺下,打個盹,然后平靜地離開。