Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Susie, can you help me?
阿萊克斯:蘇西,你能幫幫我嗎?
Susie: Sure, Alex. What do you need?
蘇西:當然了,阿萊克斯。你有什么需要?
Alex: I want to buy Linda a surprise gift. I treated her badly, and I want to make it up to her.
阿萊克斯:我想給琳達買一個禮物讓她驚喜一下。之前我對她不太好,我想補償一下。
Susie: Ah, yes. You were ignoring her because you were playing that smartphone game.
蘇西:啊,是啊。由于你當時在玩兒手機游戲,所以忽視了她。
Alex: Exactly. So what should I get her?
阿萊克斯:沒錯。所以我應該送她什么?
Susie: Let me think...
蘇西:讓我想想...
Conversation B
對話B
Albert: I know! Linda loves trains.
阿爾伯特:我知道!琳達喜歡火車。
Susie: That's right! Linda loves the railway.
蘇西:沒錯!琳達喜歡鐵路。
Alex: So should I buy her a model train?
阿萊克斯:所以我應該給她買一個火車模型?
Susie: No. She loves taking trains. Take her on a train trip.
蘇西:不。她喜歡坐火車。帶她來一趟火車旅行吧。
Alex: That's a really good idea.
阿萊克斯:真是個好主意。
Susie: You could take her on an old train.
蘇西:你可以帶她坐一趟老火車。
Alex: That's perfect! Linda will love that. Thanks, Susie.
阿萊克斯:完美!琳達會喜歡的。謝謝你,蘇西。
Conversation C
對話C
Linda: Wow, Alex. This train is wonderful!
琳達:哇,阿萊克斯。這列火車真棒!
Alex: It is. It first ran in 1944.
阿萊克斯:是啊。它是在1944年第一次行駛的。
Linda: And we're taking it now in 2016. That's amazing! Thank you so much for buying these tickets, Alex.
琳達:我們現在在2016年搭乘它。太令人吃驚了!阿萊克斯,非常感謝你買這些票。
Alex: You're welcome, Linda.
阿萊克斯:別客氣,琳達。
Linda: This is all so exciting. What station are we arriving at next?
琳達:這一切太令人激動了。下一站我們要到的是哪里?
Alex: I'm not sure. Let me take a look.
阿萊克斯:我不確定。讓我看一看。