Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Happy Thanksgiving, Rob.
阿萊克斯:羅布,感恩節快樂。
Rob: Thanks, Alex. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
羅布:謝謝你,阿萊克斯。也祝你感恩節快樂。
Alex: The Jungle Café prepared a special meal today.
阿萊克斯:叢林咖啡館今天準備了很特殊的一餐。
Rob: Yes! They made a Thanksgiving meal, and it smells great!
羅布:是啊!他們做了感恩節特餐,聞起來太香了!
Alex: What do you eat for Thanksgiving?
阿萊克斯:你感恩節會吃什么呢?
Rob: Turkey, of course. Almost everyone eats turkey on Thanksgiving. It's traditional.
羅布:當然是火雞了。幾乎所有人都會在感恩節時候吃火雞。這是一項傳統。
Alex: Is there pumpkin pie for dessert?
阿萊克斯:甜點就是南瓜餅吧?
Rob: Of course! Pumpkin pie is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert!
羅布:沒錯!南瓜餅是傳統感恩節甜食!
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: What's your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal, Ben?
阿萊克斯:本,你最喜歡感恩節大餐的哪個部分?
Ben: That's a hard question. I like the turkey and stuffing.
本:這是個很難回答的問題。我喜歡火雞和塞在里面的填料。
Alex: What about the potatoes?
阿萊克斯:土豆怎么樣?
Ben: Yes! I like potatoes with lots of butter.
本:喜歡!我喜歡有很多黃油的土豆。
Alex: And green beans?
阿萊克斯:那綠扁豆呢?
Ben: Those are delicious, too. And corn! I like corn at Thanksgiving.
本:綠扁豆也很美味。還有玉米!我喜歡感恩節的時候吃玉米。
Alex: You like everything!
阿萊克斯:你什么都喜歡啊!
Ben: I do. Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year!
本:是啊。感恩節大餐是一年中我最喜歡的一餐了!
Conversation C
對話C
Susie: That was a great meal, Taylor.
蘇西:泰勒,那頓飯真的太棒了。
Taylor: Yes, it was. I can't eat another bite!
泰勒:是啊。我一口都吃不下了!
Susie: That's because you ate two pieces of pumpkin pie!
蘇西:那是因為你吃了兩個南瓜餅!
Taylor: Well, they were small pieces. You ate a lot of potatoes and gravy!
泰勒:嗯,就是小塊的。你吃了很多土豆和肉汁。
Susie: I did, because the gravy was really good.
蘇西:是的,因為肉汁真的很好吃。
Taylor: Well, we can both be thankful for a good meal.
泰勒:好吧,我們都應該對這美味的一餐心懷感恩。
Susie: And a lot of other things!
蘇西:還有其他許多事情也是!