Elder Years
變老
I love experiencing every age.
我愛走過的每一年。
I rejoice in each passing year.
我為度過的每一年感到快樂。
In the early part of this century, the life expectancy was 49 years.
20世紀初,人類平均壽命為49歲。
Today it is about 85.
現在則達到了85歲左右。
Tomorrow it could be 125.
將來可能達到125歲。
It is time for us to change the way we view our later years.
現在是改變看待自己老年問題的時候了。
No longer will we accept the notion that we must become sick and die, lonely and afraid.
我們不再接受那種老了肯定會生病、死亡、孤單、害怕的陳舊觀念。
It is time to make nursing homes obsolete as we learn to take responsibility for our own health.
現在到了我們學會為自己的健康負責、淘汰養老院的時候。
We take control of our thoughts, and we create an elder time that is far grander than any other generation.
我們掌控自己的思想,讓我們的晚年生活比任何一代人都更精彩。
I see myself as vital, vivacious, healthy, fully alive, and contributing until my last day.
我看到自己直到生命最后一天都保持活力充沛、快樂、健康、精神抖擻,并持續做著貢獻。
I am at peace with my age.
我平和地看待自己的年齡。
As I move into my treasure years, I allow myself to become an Elder of Excellence.
步入珍貴的老年之后,我讓自己成為最優秀的長者。
I lead the way in showing others how to be fully alive at every age.
我向他人展示如何在每個年齡段都能活得生機勃勃。
We each have the ability to contribute to our society and to make the world a better place for our grandchildren.
我們每個人都有能力為社會作貢獻,為我們的子孫后代營造更美好的世界。