Is this how stupid people die? And before I can change my mind, the door busts open.
愚蠢的人是不是就是這樣死的?我還沒來得及改變主意,門就打開了。
She's an artist. He's a financial blogger for Reuters, and they're pouring me a glass of red wine and offering me a bath,
她是一位藝術家。他是路透社的一位金融博客寫手,他們給我倒了一杯紅酒讓我洗澡,
and I have had thousands of nights like that and like that.
我經歷過成千上萬個這樣的夜晚。
So I couchsurf a lot. I also crowdsurf a lot.
所以我常常做沙發客。也經常人群沖浪。
I maintain couchsurfing and crowdsurfing are basically the same thing.
我認為做沙發客和人群沖浪其實是一個概念。
You're falling into the audience and you're trusting each other.
落入人群中和信任他人。
I once asked an opening band of mine if they wanted to go out into the crowd and pass the hat to get some extra money, something that I did a lot.
我曾經問一支為我們開場的樂隊,他們愿不愿意到人群中去,傳遞帽子籌一點額外的錢,我經常這樣做。
And as usual, the band was psyched, but there was this one guy in the band who told me he just couldn't bring himself to go out there.
和往常一樣,樂隊非常興奮,但是其中有一位成員告訴我,他沒有辦法說服自己這樣做。
It felt too much like begging to stand there with the hat.
拿著帽子站在那里感覺實在是太像乞討了。
And I recognized his fear of "Is this fair?" and "Get a job."
我意識到這種恐懼就是我想到“這公平嗎?”和聽到“找份工作去!”的時候的感受。
And meanwhile, my band is becoming bigger and bigger.
同時,我的樂隊發展得越來越好。
We sign with a major label. And our music is a cross between punk and cabaret.
我們和一家主流廠牌簽約。我們的音樂是朋克和卡巴萊的集合體。
It's not for everybody. But...Well, maybe it's for you.
不是所有人都能接受。也許你會喜歡的。