He can get a sense of the sweep of the whole company, the iPhone and iPad, the iMac and laptop and everything we're considering.
他能夠把握公司的全局,包括iPhone、iPad、iMac和筆記本電腦,以及其他我們正在考慮的產品。
That helps him see where the company is spending its energy and how things connect.
這可以令他看清公司的主要任務是什么,以及各種事物之間的聯系。
And he can ask, "Does doing this make sense, because over here is where we are growing a lot?" or questions like that.
他會問:“有意義嗎?它是否會讓我們快速成長?”或者類似的問題。
He gets to see things in relationship to each other, which is pretty hard to do in a big company.
他能夠看出事物之間的聯系,這對于一個大公司的管理者來說絕非易事。
Looking at the models on these tables, he can see the future for the next three years.
單憑桌上的模型,他就能看出公司在未來3年的發展。
Much of the design process is a conversation, a back-and-forth as we walk around the tables and play with the models.
在我們的設計過程中,對話占據了很大一部分。當我們在桌旁把玩模型的時候,有些對話是反復進行的。

He doesn't like to read complex drawings. He wants to see and feel a model. He's right.
他不喜歡看復雜的固紙。他需要親眼見到并感受這些模型。他是對的。
I get surprised when we make a model and then realize it's rubbish,
當我發現我們做出的模型只是一堆垃圾時,我驚訝極了,
even though based on the CAD (computer-aided design) renderings it looked great.
雖然它們從計算機輔助設計的角度來講是沒有問題的。
He loves coming in here because it's calm and gentle.
他喜歡來這里,因為這里安靜而溫馨。
It's a paradise if you're a visual person.
如果你是一個注重視覺感受的人,你一定會覺得這里是天堂。
There are no formal design reviews, so there are no huge decision points.
這里沒有死板的設計評價,所以也沒有氣氛嚴肅的表決。
Instead, we can make the decisions fluid.
我們會順利地作出決定。
Since we iterate every day and never have dumb-ass presentations, we don't run into major disagreements.
正因為我們每天都保持溝通,而且從來也沒有死氣沉沉的匯報,所以我們也沒有大的分歧。