Amy: Put a big bag of those potato chips in the basket.
艾米:把這一大包薯片放到籃子里。
Giorgio: Have you read the nutritional label on these chips?
喬爾喬:你看薯片的營養標簽了嗎?
Amy: No, but look. This doesn’t have very much saturated fat, trans fat, or sodium.
艾米:沒有,可是你看不含太多的飽和脂肪,反式脂肪和鈉。
Giorgio: Look at the serving size. It’s three potato chips. How often do you stop at three chips?
喬爾喬:看看份量,那可是三包薯片,你隔多久就吃三包薯片?
Amy: Okay, no potato chips. I’ll get this package of cookies. There aren’t many calories or carbohydrates in these or much cholesterol or sugar either.
艾米:好,不要薯片了,我要這包餅干,不含那么多卡路里和碳水化合物,也不含太多的膽固醇和糖。
Giorgio: Look again. The serving size is one cookie. There are 40 cookies in each container.
喬爾喬:你再仔細看看,這是一包餅干,每包里有40塊。
Amy: Not everything has to be healthy and good for me.
艾米:不是所有東西都得是健康的,對健康有益我才能吃。
Giorgio: No, but you have to get your protein and fiber from somewhere. If you look at the percent daily value on the things you’re eating, you’re not getting thenutrients, vitamins, and minerals your body needs.
喬爾喬:那倒不必,但是你得吃能獲得蛋白質和纖維的食物。如果看一下每天吃的東西的日攝入量,你會發現并沒有獲得身體需要的營養,維他命和礦物質。
Amy: This isn’t all I eat. I eat other things, too.
艾米:我又不是只吃這些。我還吃別的東西。
Giorgio: Like pizza, hamburgers, and fries?
喬爾喬:比方說披薩,漢堡和炸薯條?
Amy: I might not have the best diet, but I’m healthy as a horse.
艾米:可能我的飲食不是最合理的,但是我還是身壯如牛。
Giorgio: Maybe a horse ready to be put out to pasture!
喬爾喬:可是牛也得放出去吃草啊!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載