This Great Big Story was made possible by P&G. Love Over Bias
感謝寶潔對本期偉大的故事的大力支持,超越偏見之愛。
I'm Eric Mason, I'm a mother, and I'm a transgender guy.
我是艾瑞克·梅森,我是一名媽媽,也是跨性別男性。
Corey is my 15-year-old transgender daughter.
科瑞是我的女兒,15歲了,也是變性人。
I started transitioning almost two years ago, and Corey started transitioning almost five years ago.
我大概是兩年前做的手術,科瑞大概是五年前。
I've always known that I was different. I've always known that I'm not the “normal” boy.
大家一直都覺得我跟別人不一樣,覺得我并不是一個“正常的”男生。
I was never like, happy, I was always negative.
我好像從來都沒有開心過,一直都很消極。
When I first put on some make up, I was like...wow .
第一次涂上化妝品時,我的反應是……哇!
My family is made up of me, my husband, and my five children.
我們家有我,我老公,還有我們的五個孩子。
I waited, um, until Corey was completely through her transition before I, I, came out myself.
直到科瑞手術徹底成功之后,我才對自己的性別感到釋然。
It was really hard keeping that secret from my family, especially from my husband.
要對家人,尤其是我丈夫保守這個秘密真的是太難了。
But, at the time I just knew I had to focus on my child.
但是那個時候我知道我必須把注意力全部放在我孩子的身上。

I've been bullied since fifth grade and still getting bullied sometimes.
我從五年級就開始被同學欺負,現在偶爾也還是會被欺負。
When kids said I should go and kill myself, because I was different,
其他孩子說我和大家不一樣我應該去死的時候,
I'm sorry.
抱歉,我失態了。
When my mom came out I was like, I'm not alone anymore.
當我媽媽勇敢地改變自己的性別的時候,我覺得我不再孤單了。
We can actually understand what we're going through with each other,
我們能夠理解對方的感受,
we can, you know, talk to each other if we're having a bad day.
如果哪天不開心我們也可以找對方傾訴。
Me supporting Corey is, in my opinion, what you're supposed to do as a parent.
在我看來,我對科瑞的支持在大家看來不過是父母的應盡之責。
You're supposed to support your children no matter what.
不管發生什么使,父母都應該支持自己的孩子。
So I don't feel like I did anything special, I didn't.
所以我并不覺得自己做了什么特別的事情,并沒有。
I just love my kid.
我只是愛我自己的孩子。
I love my kid no matter what she looks like, no matter who she wants to be.
不管她長什么樣,也不管她想成為什么樣子,我都愛她。
We are stronger as a family.
在一起,我們變得更堅強了。
I think any time you are living your authentic self and you are living your truth,
我覺得,只要你遵從自己的內心,活出真我,
it makes you a better person overall, it makes you a better parent, it makes you a better spouse.
你就會越來越優秀,就能成為一個優秀的父母,優秀的配偶。
My family is everything.
家庭就是我的一切。
We fight, we laugh, we cry, we're a typical family.
我們也會吵架,會笑,會哭,我們家也是一個典型家庭的樣子。
We just look a little different.
只是看著不太一樣罷了。
That's it! That's all it boils down to.
僅此而已,歸結起來就是這么一點。