Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Hey, Linda. Would you like to join our baseball team?
阿萊克斯:嗨,琳達。你想加入我們的棒球隊嗎?
Linda: What baseball team?
琳達:什么棒球隊?
Alex: Ben, Rob and I have formed a baseball team.
阿萊克斯:本,羅布和我組建了一支棒球隊。
Linda: Cool. I used to play baseball when I was younger.
琳達:太酷了。我年輕的時候曾經打過棒球。
Alex: Great. What position did you play?
阿萊克斯:太好了。你打什么位置?
Linda: I was the catcher. My glove was like a wall behind the plate.
琳達:我是一個接球手。我的手套就像是本壘板后面的一道墻一樣。
Alex: That's funny, Linda. Everyone is so confident. This will be fun!
阿萊克斯:太會說笑了,琳達。每個人都這么自信。一定會很有意思!

Conversation B
對話B
Rob: Do we have all the equipment that we need for baseball practice tomorrow?
羅布:我們明天棒球訓練所需的裝備都有了嗎?
Alex: I think so. Linda has a catcher's helmet, and I have a bat.
阿萊克斯:應該都有了。琳達有一個街球手頭盔,我有一個棒球棍。
Rob: And here is a baseball!
羅布:這里有一個棒球!
Alex: Great. And I think that everyone can bring baseball gloves, too.
阿萊克斯:太好了。我想大家也都會帶棒球手套來。
Rob: Perfect! What time are we meeting at the baseball diamond?
羅布:完美!我們什么時候在棒球內場見面?
Alex: We're meeting at 10 a.m. Remember to bring your A-game!
阿萊克斯:我們上午十點見面吧。別忘了拿出你的好表現!
Conversation C
對話C
Alex: I think that we're ready for the practice tomorrow.
阿萊克斯:我想我們已經為明天的訓練做好準備了。
Ben: Rob's bringing some friends,and he'll be our starting pitcher.
本:羅布會帶一些朋友過看來,他會是我們的先發投手。
Alex: Linda will be our catcher.
阿萊克斯:琳達會擔當我們的接球手。
Ben: And we will be star batters!
本:我們就是明星擊球員!
Alex: Yeah! It will be a lot of fun.
阿萊克斯:是啊!會很有意思的。
Ben: As long as someone hits a homerun, I'll be happy.
本:只要有人打出一記本壘打,我就會很興奮。
Alex: I'm sure someone will. I just hope they aren't on the other team!
阿萊克斯:我確信會有人打出的。不過我只是希望這些人不要在另一支球隊!