It is 8 p.m. My niece calls.
現在是晚上八點。我的侄女打來了電話。
She says there is a monster outside her apartment.
她說她的公寓外邊有一只妖怪。
I don't believe her. She watches too many scary movies.
我不相信她說的。她平常看了太多的恐怖電影。
But I walk to her house on foot.
但是我還是徒步走到她的家里。
I get to my niece's door and she opens it. She is scared.
我敲了我侄女的門,她把門打開了。她很害怕。
"Uncle E! Thank you for coming," she says.
她說:“E叔叔!謝謝你能來。”
"Where did you see the monster?" I ask her.
我問她:“你是在哪里看到的怪物?”
"I saw it at the back of the apartment building.
“我在公寓樓的后邊看到的。
But I didn't see it clearly. It was too dark," she says.
但是我沒看仔細。天太黑了。”她說。
"It was big, and it was loud. It looked like a monster!"
“它很大,而且發出的聲音也很大。看起來像一個妖怪!”
I go to the back of the building.
于是我來到了公寓樓的后邊。
I hear a noise. It is loud and scary.
我聽到了一個聲音。聲音很大很嚇人。
Then I see something big and dark.
之后我看到了一個很大的東西。
It doesn't look human. Is it a monster?
它看起來不像人類。是一個妖怪嗎?
The thing comes closer.
那個東西朝我逼近。
Maybe my niece was right. Maybe it is a monster!
可能我的侄女是對的。可能它就是個妖怪!
I move back. Then I see something.
我向后移動。然后我看到了一件事情。
The monster is wearing shoes. And it is speaking English!
那個怪物正在穿鞋。而且它在說英語!
"Can you help me with this laundry?" it asks.
它問道:“你能幫我拿下這些洗好的衣服嗎?”
The monster moves into the light.
這個妖怪來到了燈光前。
It is covered with a sheet.
它身上穿著一件床單。
"These sheets keep falling down!" the monster says.
這個怪物說道:“這些床單一直往下掉!”