"If you have," continued the Tin Woodman, "you ought to be glad, for it proves you have a heart.
“如果你有心臟病,”鐵皮人接下去說,“你應該感到高興,因為那證明你有一顆心。
From my part, I have no heart; so I cannot have heart disease."
而我的身體里,沒有心;因而也不會有心臟病。”
"Perhaps," said the Lion thoughtfully, "if I had no heart I should not be a coward."
可能,”獅子想了想說,“假如我沒有心,就不會是一個膽小鬼了。”
"Have you brains?" asked the Scarecrow.
“你有腦子嗎?”稻草人問。
"I suppose so. I've never looked to see," replied the Lion.
“我估計是有的。我從沒有看過,”獅子回答說。
"I am going to the Great Oz to ask him to give me some," remarked the Scarecrow, "for my head is stuffed with straw."
“我到偉大的奧芝那里去,請求他給我一個腦子,”稻草人說,“因為我腦袋里全是稻草。”
"And I am going to ask him to give me a heart," said the woodman.
“我去請求他給我一顆心,”鐵皮人說。
"And I am going to ask him to send Toto and me back to Kansas," added Dorothy.
“我請求他將我和托托送回堪薩斯州。”多蘿茜說。
"Do you think Oz could give me courage?" asked the Cowardly Lion.
膽小的獅子問:“你們覺得奧芝可以給我膽量嗎?”
"Just as easily as he could give me brains," said the Scarecrow.
“正像他給我腦子一樣輕而易舉,”稻草人說。
"Or give me a heart," said the Tin Woodman.
“或者像給我一顆心一樣地簡單,”鐵皮人說。
"Or send me back to Kansas," said Dorothy.
“或者像送我回到堪薩斯州去一樣地不費吹灰之力。”多蘿茜說。
"Then, if you don't mind, I'll go with you," said the Lion, "for my life is simply unbearable without a bit of courage."
“既然如此,如果你們愿意我加入你們的團體的話,我會很高興,”獅子說,“沒有一點兒膽量的日子我再也過不下去了。”