Dialogue 1
Mark: How's this week treating you, Jingjing?
馬克:京晶,這周過得怎么樣?
Jingjing: Work's pretty much the same—interesting, and keeping me busy.
京晶:工作還是老樣子——很有趣,但也忙得不消停。
Mark: Did you find any of those movies we were talking about last week?
馬克:上周我們談論的那些影片,你找到資源了嗎?
Jingjing: I couldn't get the download to work on that one I found. But, I didn't want to come empty-handed. So, I brought a bunch of other movies I've collected over the years.
京晶:找到了一個,但下載不了。但我不想空手而來,索性就帶了一堆我多年來搜集的其他影片。
Mark: Wow! Do you mind if I plug this in to my PC?
馬克:厲害了!你不介意我把它連上我的電腦吧?
Jingjing: Go ahead. That's what external hard drives are for. Just click on the "video" folder, then "films".
京晶:拷吧。移動硬盤不就是干這個的嘛。你點擊“視頻”文件夾,然后點擊里面的“電影”文件夾。
Mark: Jingjing, you have a lot of war movies. I didn't know you were into those.
馬克:京晶,你有很多戰爭片啊!我之前不知道你對戰爭片這么感興趣。
Jingjing: It's my favorite genre. Not all of those are great movies. But I've seen some of them dozens of times.
京晶:這是我最喜歡的影片類型。不是每部戰爭片都很精彩。但其中一些我看了好幾十遍。
Mark: I'm the same way with war movies. Which one do you like best?
馬克:我們對戰爭片的態度一模一樣。那你最喜歡哪部片子?
Jingjing: Saving Private Ryan is probably my favorite. I think that's a good one, even for people who don't care much for the genre.
京晶:大概是《拯救大兵瑞恩》吧。我覺得這是一部非常棒的影片,甚至不太愛看戰爭片的人也會喜歡上這部片子。
Mark: Yeah, I like most war films I see, and like that one a lot.
馬克:沒錯,我看過的大多數戰爭片我都很喜歡,這部片子更是非常喜歡。
Jingjing: What about you? Do you have a fav?
京晶:那你呢?你有最喜歡的戰爭片嗎?
Mark: Hmm, it keeps changing. I used to like Apocalypse Now. I watched it over and over. Now I can't get into it at all. I still like Enemy at the Gates a lot. All four of the main actors are incredible.
馬克:嗯,我最喜歡的片子總在變。我曾喜歡《現代啟示錄》。這片子我看過好多遍。但現在,這片子我一點也不愛看了。我仍然非常喜歡《兵臨城下》。這片子四位主演的演技簡直太棒了。
Jingjing: I haven't seen that one. I don't think it's on there either.
京晶:這片子我還沒看過。我想我的電腦里應該也沒有。
Mark: I might be able to find it and bring it next week.
馬克:我或許能找到這部片子,找到的話,下周給你帶來。
Jingjing: Who's in it?
京晶:這片子都誰演的?
Mark: Well, it stars Jude Law as a Russian sniper, and Ed Harris as his enemy.
馬克:呃,裘德·洛扮演一名俄羅斯狙擊手,艾德·哈里斯扮演他的敵人。
Jingjing: Oh, you had me at Jude Law. He's such a good-looking guy.
京晶:哦,是你勸我去看裘德·洛的。他太帥了。
Mark: Ha ha. That reminds me, we'd better go eat. I'll just leave my PC here to copy the files.
馬克:哈哈,我想起來了。我們最好先去吃飯吧。我先把我的電腦留在這復制文件。
New words:習語短語
How's treating you? 寒暄問候 最近如何?
How are you doing?
empty-handed 空手前來,什么都不帶
go/arrive with nothing to give to the people you'll meet
into 喜歡
be a fan/connoisseur of something
genre 類型
a type of film, including the basic story and subject (examples:coming-of-age story, romantic comedy, slacker comedy, sports comedy, spy thriller, horror movie, western movie, slice-of-life drama)
don't care much for 不喜歡
don't like/enjoy (only used in the negative)
fav favorite 喜歡
get into 仔細關注,留意
pay close attention to something and enjoy it
you had me at 你勸我去看
you persuaded me to see it when you mentioned
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Do you still wanna talk about war movies over lunch?
京晶:午餐時你還想繼續談論戰爭片嗎?
Mark: Why not? It's something we both like. I'm not really big on gory movies. But war movies have to show that sometimes.
馬克:為什么不呢?這是咱們倆的共同愛好。我不是很喜歡血腥的影片。但是戰爭片有時候不得不展現血淋淋的場面。
Jingjing: I agree. I don't really think war movies fall into "action" as a category.
京晶:贊同。我并不認為戰爭影片屬于“動作片”的范疇。
Mark: Some do, some don't. Hey, how about you suggest one of the movies I see first.
馬克:一些屬于,一些不屬于。嘿,你推薦一部我首先看的影片怎么樣?
Jingjing: OK. Have you seen Windtalkers?
京晶:好啊。你看過《風語者》嗎?
Mark: Is that the one by John Woo, with Nicholas Cage?
馬克:是吳宇森導演,尼古拉斯·凱奇主演的那部片子吧?
Jingjing: That's the one. It sounds like you know about it already.
京晶:就是它。聽起來你知道這部片子。
Mark: I saw it in the cinema when it was released.
馬克:影片剛上映時,我在電影院看過。
Jingjing: How about the Hurt Locker, that's a little more recent.
京晶:那《拆彈部隊》呢?這部片子的年代更近些。
Mark: Oh, that was directed by Kathryn Bigelow. I've been meaning to see that.
馬克:哦,這片子的導演是凱瑟琳·畢格羅。我一直想看呢。
Jingjing: Great. That's one of the ones you're copying to your PC. And, speaking of Oscars, it took home half a dozen awards, including Best Original Screenplay.
京晶:太好了。你正在向你的電腦里復制的影片里就有它。而且,奧斯卡頒獎典禮上,這部片子拿下了包括最佳原創劇本在內的六個獎項。
Mark: Kathryn Bigelow got Best Director for that one. That's how I first heard about it. I loved Point Break—that's one of her earlier films.
馬克:凱瑟琳·畢格羅因這部片子獲得了最佳導演獎。我第一次聽到這部影片時,就是因為這個。我曾經非常喜歡《驚爆點》這部片子,是她早期拍攝的一部影片。
Jingjing:Yeah, well this one has a different tone. Like the Reader, you'll want to set aside the two hours to really watch it.
京晶:是的,但這部片子的調調跟那部不同。就像《朗讀者》,你想要單獨花兩個小時的時間,來認真看這部片子。
Mark:Got it. I was glad I watched the Reader. Thanks for suggesting so many movies!
馬克:明白了。我很高興我看過《朗讀者》這部片子。感謝你向我推薦這么多影片!
Jingjing: Hey, I'm glad to share.
京晶:嘿,我很高興與你分享。
Mark: Well, let me take care of lunch then. Do you know what you'd like to order?
馬克:那,這頓午餐我請了。你想吃點什么?
Jingjing: Um, all this talk about war movies has put me in the mood to eat vegetables for some reason.
京晶:呃,我們討論這么多關于戰爭片的事情,我想我還是吃點兒素的吧。
Mark:Ha! Sounds good to me. Let's order three vegetable dishes.
馬克:哈!我看行。那我們就點三道素菜。
New words:習語短語
really big on 真是……的鐵粉
really a fan/connoisseur of something
fall into 分類
be put into a category without much thinking
took home 贏得
won
tone 書或者音樂的風格基調
the style and feeling of a movie (or a book or a song)