Why did Jobs not seize the reins?
為什么喬布斯不抓住這個機會?
Why was he reluctant to grab the job that for two decades he had seemed to desire?
為什么他會不想接受這個20年來他看似很渴望的工作?
When I asked him, he said: We'd just taken Pixar public, and I was happy being CEO there.
當我問他這些問題時,他說:我們剛剛把皮克斯做上市,我很高興在那兒做CEO。
I never knew of anyone who served as CEO of two public companies, even temporarily, and I wasn't even sure it was legal.
我從未聽說過有人同時做兩家上市公司的CEO,即使是臨時的,我甚至不確定那是否合法。
I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was enjoying spending more time with my family.
我不知道我該怎么做,或我想怎么做。我很喜歡有更多時間跟家人在一起。
I was torn. I knew Apple was a mess, so I wondered:
我左右為難。我知道蘋果的情況一團糟,所以我想:
Do I want to give up this nice lifestyle that I have?
我愿意放棄現在這么好的生活方式嗎?
What are all the Pixar shareholders going to think?
皮克斯的股東們會怎么想?
I talked to people I respected. I finally called Andy Grove at about eight one Saturday morning -- too early.
我跟一些我尊重的人進行討論。最后在一個周六的早晨給安迪·格魯夫打電話--實在太早了。
I gave him the pros and the cons, and in the middle he stopped me and said, "Steve, I don't give a shit about Apple."
我給他列舉好處和壞處,說到一半他打斷我說:“史蒂夫,我才不在乎蘋果會怎么樣?!?/div>
I was stunned. It was then I realized that I do give a shit about Apple
我愣住了。就是在那個時刻,我認識到我是在乎蘋果的,
I started it and it is a good thing to have in the world.
我創建了它,它的存在對世界是件好事。
That was when I decided to go back on a temporary basis to help them hire a CEO.
就是在那個時候,我決定暫時回去幫他們招聘CEO。