Yulia: Wait! Don’t drink that.
尤利婭:等一下!不要喝那水。
Jack: Why not? I’m really thirsty.
杰克:為什么?我快渴死了。
Yulia: That’s a standing pool of water. There could be all kinds of microorganisms living in there.
尤利婭:那是死水池的水。里面可能有各種各樣的微生物。
Jack: Fine, but somebody should have brought more water for this long walk.
杰克:好吧,但是這次長途跋涉某人應該多備一些飲用水吧。
Yulia: I know. It’s my fault. Hey, there’s a cabin. Maybe there’s somebody there who can give us some water. Do you see a well?
尤利婭:我知道。這是我的失誤。嘿,那有一間小木屋。也許有人能給我們一些水喝。你看到那口井了嗎?
Jack: No, no well, and I don’t see an outdoor faucet either. In fact, I don’t see any signs of life inside. But hey, the door is unlocked.
杰克:不,并沒有,而且我也沒有看到室外水龍頭。事實上,我沒有發現任何人跡。不過,嘿,門并沒有上鎖。
Yulia: Are you sure we should just walk in?
尤利婭:你確定我們應該直接進去嗎?
Jack: I’m not dying of thirst just because you’re afraid to go in. Oh no! Nothing comes out of the tap. Let’s see if there are any water tanks or rain barrels out back.
杰克:我會因為你不敢進門而渴死的。噢,不是吧!水龍頭竟然不出水。咱們找找看有沒有水箱或雨水桶吧。
Yulia: I’m not drinking rainwater or runoff from the roof.
尤利婭:我不喝雨水或屋頂上的徑流水。
Jack: Suit yourself, but here’s a tub of water.
杰克:隨你便,這里有一桶水。
Yulia: Wait! You don’t know if that’s potable. It could be untreated water with sewage or worse.
尤利婭:等等!誰知道這水適不適合飲用。它可能是未經處理的污水,甚至更糟糕。
Jack: You can wait for some nice filtered water, but I’m not picky. I just need to quench my thirst.
杰克:你可以慢慢等待純凈的過濾水,但我沒那么多講究。我現在只想解渴。
Yulia: You should at least boil it first. Oh my God, I just saw something swimming in it!
尤利婭:可是你至少得先把水煮沸吧。天哪,我剛看到有生物在水里游泳!
Jack: I’m sure it’s willing to share.
杰克:我敢肯定,它是樂于跟我分享的。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載