Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Hi, Susie. Sorry I'm late.
羅布:嗨,蘇西。很抱歉我遲到了。
Susie: That's OK. Did something happen?
蘇西:沒關系。出了什么事兒嗎?
Rob: Yes. I took a shower this morning. But I wasn't careful with the shower curtain.
羅布:是的。我今早沖了個澡。但是沒有注意把浴簾拉好。
Susie: And you got water all over the floor?
蘇西:那你把水淋得滿地都是嗎?
Rob: Yes. What a mess! I spent an hour cleaning it up.
羅布:是的,一片混亂啊!我花了一個小時來清理。
Susie: I'm sorry. But look at the bright side.
蘇西:真遺憾。但是要往好的一面看。
Rob: What's that?
羅布:好的一面是什么?
Susie: Now you have a nice, clean floor!
蘇西:那就是你有一個干凈的地板啊!
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Did you get a new hot water heater, Ben?
阿萊克斯:本,你買新的熱水器了嗎?
Ben: Yes, I did. I feel much better this morning. I enjoyed a nice, hot shower.
本:是的,我買了。今天早上我感覺好多了。我沖了個舒服的熱水澡。
Alex: I don't take showers in the morning. I enjoy a nice, hot shower at night.
阿萊克斯:我今早沒有沖澡。我是在晚上沖一個舒服的熱水澡。
Ben: Why? A shower wakes me up in the morning.
本:為什么?沖個澡會讓我早上清醒些。
Alex: A shower relaxes me, so I can go to sleep.
阿萊克斯:沖澡會讓我放松,所以我就能入睡了。
Ben: Maybe I'll try that sometime.
本:也許我也該找個時間試試。
Conversation C
對話C
Taylor: Look at this bathroom, Linda. It's really big and fancy!
泰勒:琳達,看看這間浴室。真的好大好豪華啊!
Linda: Wow, it is. It has carpet on the floor. And it has a nice shower!
琳達:哇,是啊。地板上有個地毯。還有一個很棒的淋浴間。
Taylor: It has a big bathtub, too! I don't have a bathtub in my bathroom.
泰勒:而且還有一個大浴缸!我的浴室里就沒有浴缸。
Linda: I like taking a bath. I like to lie in the hot water and relax.
琳達:我喜歡沐浴。我喜歡躺在熱水里放松一下。
Taylor: That sounds wonderful. You can't do that in a shower!
泰勒:聽起來很舒服。不過沖澡時你就不能這樣了!