The lectures revealed no errors and still none of his colleagues suspected why Andrew was being so secretive.
講課中沒有錯誤的跡象,而他的同事們無一懷疑過安德魯為何會如此保密。
Maybe he's run out of ideas.
也許他想法枯竭了
That's why he's quiet, you never know why they're quiet.
因此他很安靜,你從不了解他們為何安靜。
The proof was still missing a vital ingredient, but Andrew now felt confident.
證明仍缺少一個至關重要的成分,但安德魯現在自信滿滿。
It was time to tell one more person.
是時候要告知另一個人了。
So I called up Peter and asked him if I could come round and talk to him about something.
于是我打電話給彼得,問他我可否來一趟以和他談些東西。
I got a phone call from Andrew saying that he had something very important he wanted to chat to me about,
我接到安德魯來的一個電話,說他有個非常重要的事情想來和我談談,
and sure enough he had some very exciting news.
他肯定有了什么非常讓人興奮的消息
I said I think you better sit down for this. He sat down.
我說我覺得你最后坐下談。他坐下了。
I said I think I'm about to prove Fermat's last theorem.
我說我認為我將要證明費馬最后定理了。
I was flabbergasted, excited, disturbed.
我大吃一驚,又興奮,又不安。
I mean I remember that night finding it quite difficult to sleep.
我的意思是,我記得那晚相當難以入睡。