'Do you know much about Hogsmeade?' asked Hermione keenly.
“你對霍格莫德很了解嗎?”赫敏敏銳地問道。
'I've read it's the only entirely non-Muggle settlement in Britain —'
“我從書上讀到,這是英國惟一一處沒有麻瓜的地方——”
'Yeah, I think it is,' said Ron in an offhand sort of way, 'but that's not why I want to go.
“是啊,我想是的,”羅恩不在意地說,“但是這不是我想去的原因。
I just want to get inside Honeydukes!'
我就是想到蜂蜜公爵去!”
'What's that?' said Hermione.
“那是什么啊?”赫敏問道。
'It's this sweetshop,' said Ron, a dreamy look coming over his face,
“是家糖果店,”羅恩說,臉上出現了一種夢幻似的表情。
'where they've got everything... Pepper Imps — they make you smoke at the mouth,
“那里什么都有……胡椒小頑童啊——吃了它嘴里就冒煙,
and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and
還有油油的巧克力球,里面全是草莓奶油凍和一般奶油凍,還有真正絕妙的糖做成的羽毛筆,
really excellent sugar quills which you can suck in class and just look like you're thinking what to write next —'
你在課堂上就可以吮吸,看起來就像是你在考慮下一步怎么寫似的——”
'But Hogsmeade's a very interesting place, isn't it?' Hermione pressed on eagerly.
“但是霍格莫德是個很有趣的地方,對不對?”赫敏急切地追問,

'In Sites of Historical Sorcery it says the inn was the headquarters for the 1612 goblin rebellion,
“《巫師古跡》這本書說,那家小旅館是一六一二年妖怪造反的司令部,
and the Shrieking Shack's supposed to be the most severely haunted building in Britain —'
那間尖叫棚屋可能是全英國鬼魂作祟最厲害的房屋——”
'– and massive sherbet balls that make you levitate a few inches off the ground while you're sucking them,'
“——極大的冰糕球讓你在吮吸的時候離地飄浮好幾英寸。”
said Ron, who was plainly not listening to a word Hermione was saying.
羅恩說,他肯定對赫敏說的話一個字也沒有聽進去。
Hermione looked around at Harry.
赫敏看看哈利周圍。
'Won't it be nice to get out of school for a bit and explore Hogsmeade?'
“離開學校一小會兒,到霍格莫德去探索一番,這多么好,是不是?”
''Spect it will,' said Harry heavily.
“我想也是的。”哈利沉悶地說道,
'You'll have to tell me when you've found out.'
“你們有這種感覺的時候,一定要告訴我。”
'What d'you mean?' said Ron.
“你這話是什么意思?”羅恩說。
'I can't go. The Dursleys didn't sign my permission form, and Fudge wouldn't, either.'
“我不能去。德思禮家的人沒有給我簽那張同意表,福吉也不肯。”